Jun 28, 2013, 6:42 PM EDT
The cover star vote for EA Sports’ upcoming NHL 14 video game came down to a goalie who had an incredible year (Sergei Bobrovsky) vs. one who’s enjoyed an amazing career (Martin Brodeur). The software giant announced that Brodeur won the cover vote on Friday, at the ripe age of 41.
EA Sports also Tweeted what the covers will look like:
It seems like a throwback time for sports video game covers. Michael Jordan graced the cover of two editions of the NBA2K series while Barry Sanders will be the cover star for Madden 25 (at least on the current consoles).
Brodeur is the first goalie to be on the cover of EA’s hockey series since John Vanbiesbrouck took the honor in 1997.
Here’s the reveal trailer:
NHL 14 will release on Sept. 10 in North America and Sept. 13 worldwide.
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 0
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 4
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 15
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime 88
- Sens’ Anderson continues to haunt Habs, forces Game 6 10
- Price, Dubnyk, Rinne are Vezina Trophy finalists 12
- Chicago to start Darling in Game 6 17
- Chiarelli named Oilers’ GM and president of hockey ops 34
- Weber out for remainder of series, but ‘did not suffer an ACL injury’ 6
- Report: Oilers’ Lowe removed from Hockey Ops role 19
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (174)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (89)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (89)