Jun 28, 2013, 6:42 PM EDT
The cover star vote for EA Sports’ upcoming NHL 14 video game came down to a goalie who had an incredible year (Sergei Bobrovsky) vs. one who’s enjoyed an amazing career (Martin Brodeur). The software giant announced that Brodeur won the cover vote on Friday, at the ripe age of 41.
EA Sports also Tweeted what the covers will look like:
It seems like a throwback time for sports video game covers. Michael Jordan graced the cover of two editions of the NBA2K series while Barry Sanders will be the cover star for Madden 25 (at least on the current consoles).
Brodeur is the first goalie to be on the cover of EA’s hockey series since John Vanbiesbrouck took the honor in 1997.
Here’s the reveal trailer:
NHL 14 will release on Sept. 10 in North America and Sept. 13 worldwide.
- Byfuglien to have phone hearing for Miller cross-check 28
- Patrick Kane is practicing today 24
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 22
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 58
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 32
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 9
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 18
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 48
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 22