Jun 28, 2013, 6:42 PM EDT
The cover star vote for EA Sports’ upcoming NHL 14 video game came down to a goalie who had an incredible year (Sergei Bobrovsky) vs. one who’s enjoyed an amazing career (Martin Brodeur). The software giant announced that Brodeur won the cover vote on Friday, at the ripe age of 41.
EA Sports also Tweeted what the covers will look like:
It seems like a throwback time for sports video game covers. Michael Jordan graced the cover of two editions of the NBA2K series while Barry Sanders will be the cover star for Madden 25 (at least on the current consoles).
Brodeur is the first goalie to be on the cover of EA’s hockey series since John Vanbiesbrouck took the honor in 1997.
Here’s the reveal trailer:
NHL 14 will release on Sept. 10 in North America and Sept. 13 worldwide.
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 22
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 21
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 33
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 20
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 53
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Deal with the Devils: New Jersey re-signs Larsson to six-year contract 14
- Stepan seeks $7.25M in arbitration, Rangers counter at $5.2M 24
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (67)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)