Jun 28, 2013, 6:42 PM EST
The cover star vote for EA Sports’ upcoming NHL 14 video game came down to a goalie who had an incredible year (Sergei Bobrovsky) vs. one who’s enjoyed an amazing career (Martin Brodeur). The software giant announced that Brodeur won the cover vote on Friday, at the ripe age of 41.
EA Sports also Tweeted what the covers will look like:
It seems like a throwback time for sports video game covers. Michael Jordan graced the cover of two editions of the NBA2K series while Barry Sanders will be the cover star for Madden 25 (at least on the current consoles).
Brodeur is the first goalie to be on the cover of EA’s hockey series since John Vanbiesbrouck took the honor in 1997.
Here’s the reveal trailer:
NHL 14 will release on Sept. 10 in North America and Sept. 13 worldwide.
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 31
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 2
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 14
- Criticism spreads to GM Lou Lamoriello after Devils fire DeBoer 10
- Eichel earns assist and scores in shootout as U.S. squeaks by Finland 2
- Canada enters World Juniors as 11/10 favorite; USA next at 9/4 5
- Devils fire DeBoer 21
- More mumps: Downie and Greiss test positive 7
- Orpik reflects on ‘outside pressure’ in Pittsburgh 21
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)