Jun 28, 2013, 10:17 AM EDT
Ottawa Senators fans haven’t seen the last of Daniel Alfredsson.
The team captain tells Swedish reporter Marie Lehmann that he’s ready to play next season.
“The playoffs felt great. No back problems,” Alfredsson said. “”I needed a few weeks to see if the necessary urge for summer training and pre-camp was there. And it is.
“The chance to maybe play one more Olympics wasn’t part of my decision to continue but I’d like to, of course.”
Last season, Alfredsson was one of the few key Sens players who avoided terrible injury on his way to scoring 10 goals with 26 points. In Ottawa’s 10 playoff games, Alfie was even bigger with 10 points including four goals.
Next season will be his 18th in the league and now he’ll just need to work out that pesky new contract with the Senators.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 12
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 16
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 56
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 25
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 24
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 60
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)