Jun 28, 2013, 10:17 AM EDT
Ottawa Senators fans haven’t seen the last of Daniel Alfredsson.
The team captain tells Swedish reporter Marie Lehmann that he’s ready to play next season.
“The playoffs felt great. No back problems,” Alfredsson said. “”I needed a few weeks to see if the necessary urge for summer training and pre-camp was there. And it is.
“The chance to maybe play one more Olympics wasn’t part of my decision to continue but I’d like to, of course.”
Last season, Alfredsson was one of the few key Sens players who avoided terrible injury on his way to scoring 10 goals with 26 points. In Ottawa’s 10 playoff games, Alfie was even bigger with 10 points including four goals.
Next season will be his 18th in the league and now he’ll just need to work out that pesky new contract with the Senators.
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 7
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 5
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 17
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 23
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 24
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- NHL-to-Vegas talks gaining steam (68)
- Report: Bruins need to make a trade (61)
- Sounds like San Jose handled stripping Thornton’s captaincy really well (43)
- Fanspeak: Mats Sundin voted greatest Maple Leaf in franchise history (43)
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history (41)