Jun 28, 2013, 10:17 AM EDT
Ottawa Senators fans haven’t seen the last of Daniel Alfredsson.
The team captain tells Swedish reporter Marie Lehmann that he’s ready to play next season.
“The playoffs felt great. No back problems,” Alfredsson said. “”I needed a few weeks to see if the necessary urge for summer training and pre-camp was there. And it is.
“The chance to maybe play one more Olympics wasn’t part of my decision to continue but I’d like to, of course.”
Last season, Alfredsson was one of the few key Sens players who avoided terrible injury on his way to scoring 10 goals with 26 points. In Ottawa’s 10 playoff games, Alfie was even bigger with 10 points including four goals.
Next season will be his 18th in the league and now he’ll just need to work out that pesky new contract with the Senators.
- Kopitar + adorable dog = best day with the Stanley Cup? 6
- With Dubinsky locked up, Jackets next task is re-signing Johansen 6
- Lightning sign Brenden Morrow for one year 31
- Jackets sign Dubinsky through 2020-21 39
- AHL’s new overtime rules include 3-on-3 play 27
- Report: Avs, O’Reilly likely headed to arbitration 72
- Armstrong lays out what Blues offered KHL-bound Sobotka 15
- Blues re-sign Ott; Sobotka to KHL? 35
- Devils ink Schneider to reported seven-year, $42 million deal 62
- Big money: Toews, Kane sign eight-year, $84 million extensions 171
- Big money: Toews, Kane sign eight-year, $84 million extensions (171)
- Report: Avs, O’Reilly likely headed to arbitration (72)
- Boyle wanted Big Apple after playing in ‘nontraditional hockey markets’ of Florida, California (63)
- Devils ink Schneider to reported seven-year, $42 million deal (62)
- Report: Sidney Crosby will undergo wrist surgery (59)