Jun 28, 2013, 10:32 PM EDT
While it appears that the trade waters are calm right now, Washington Capitals GM George McPhee told CSNWashington.com’s Chuck Gormley that he’s willing to hear a wide variety of offers.
“Yes, those are the discussions that are going on now with other clubs,” McPhee said earlier this week.
“What do you want to do? How do you want to do it? Does this fit for you if it fits for us? L.A. and Toronto did something that makes sense for both clubs. We’ll talk to everybody and see where it goes.”
McPhee isn’t shy about making moves during drafts. He’s done so in four of the last five years, including a deal that landed Mike Ribeiro in 2012. (Perhaps he’ll trade Ribeiro’s negotiating rights this year?)
Gormley reports that McPhee isn’t interesting in trading backup goalie Michal Neuvirth, who has drawn some interest from the Calgary Flames. So perhaps that’s one possible move to scratch off the list?
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 19
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 30
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 26
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (44)