Jun 28, 2013, 10:32 PM EDT
While it appears that the trade waters are calm right now, Washington Capitals GM George McPhee told CSNWashington.com’s Chuck Gormley that he’s willing to hear a wide variety of offers.
“Yes, those are the discussions that are going on now with other clubs,” McPhee said earlier this week.
“What do you want to do? How do you want to do it? Does this fit for you if it fits for us? L.A. and Toronto did something that makes sense for both clubs. We’ll talk to everybody and see where it goes.”
McPhee isn’t shy about making moves during drafts. He’s done so in four of the last five years, including a deal that landed Mike Ribeiro in 2012. (Perhaps he’ll trade Ribeiro’s negotiating rights this year?)
Gormley reports that McPhee isn’t interesting in trading backup goalie Michal Neuvirth, who has drawn some interest from the Calgary Flames. So perhaps that’s one possible move to scratch off the list?
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 16
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 4
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 5
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 34
- Poll: Will Washington get back into the playoffs? 28
- Buffalo lands next two NHL scouting combines 23
- Under Pressure: In Washington? Take your pick 24
- It’s Washington Capitals day on PHT 42
- It’s Florida Panthers day on PHT 8