Jun 28, 2013, 10:32 PM EDT
While it appears that the trade waters are calm right now, Washington Capitals GM George McPhee told CSNWashington.com’s Chuck Gormley that he’s willing to hear a wide variety of offers.
“Yes, those are the discussions that are going on now with other clubs,” McPhee said earlier this week.
“What do you want to do? How do you want to do it? Does this fit for you if it fits for us? L.A. and Toronto did something that makes sense for both clubs. We’ll talk to everybody and see where it goes.”
McPhee isn’t shy about making moves during drafts. He’s done so in four of the last five years, including a deal that landed Mike Ribeiro in 2012. (Perhaps he’ll trade Ribeiro’s negotiating rights this year?)
Gormley reports that McPhee isn’t interesting in trading backup goalie Michal Neuvirth, who has drawn some interest from the Calgary Flames. So perhaps that’s one possible move to scratch off the list?
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 15
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 11
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 84
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 16
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 25
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 23
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 43
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (85)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)