Jun 28, 2013, 10:32 PM EDT
While it appears that the trade waters are calm right now, Washington Capitals GM George McPhee told CSNWashington.com’s Chuck Gormley that he’s willing to hear a wide variety of offers.
“Yes, those are the discussions that are going on now with other clubs,” McPhee said earlier this week.
“What do you want to do? How do you want to do it? Does this fit for you if it fits for us? L.A. and Toronto did something that makes sense for both clubs. We’ll talk to everybody and see where it goes.”
McPhee isn’t shy about making moves during drafts. He’s done so in four of the last five years, including a deal that landed Mike Ribeiro in 2012. (Perhaps he’ll trade Ribeiro’s negotiating rights this year?)
Gormley reports that McPhee isn’t interesting in trading backup goalie Michal Neuvirth, who has drawn some interest from the Calgary Flames. So perhaps that’s one possible move to scratch off the list?
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 17
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 6
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34