Jun 28, 2013, 2:45 PM EST
One thing that came out of Boston’s loss in the Stanley Cup Final was just how badly Patrice Bergeron was hurt. The litany of injuries he dealt with through the postseason was enough to make Bruins president Cam Neely gush with pride.
CSNNE.com’s Joe Haggerty was on the scene at today’s wrap-up with Bruins executives and Neely spoke proudly of Bergeron’s efforts to keep playing through pain.
“What he did certainly speaks volumes about Patrice as an athlete and as a human being,” Neely said. “He’s recovering and doing well, and will have a full recovery. All of the guys will do a really good job of resting, recovering and obviously keeping themselves in great shape for training camp.”
Bergeron and the Bruins are taking some heat for allowing Bergeron to play through such injuries, to which his agent defended his client’s choice to play vehemently. If there was ever a guy in the Bruins organization to take up for Bergeron, it would be Neely. After his years of injury problems and playing through them, he knows the sacrifice well.
- Video: Canucks honor Quinn with “O Danny Boy” 3
- Video: Stars’ Klingberg scores from center ice 4
- Report: Alfredsson retirement to be announced Dec. 4 5
- On the odds of fighting back after Thanksgiving 7
- Why are the Oilers still bad? Look at their drafting 20
- The Leafs are worth almost seven times the Panthers, says Forbes 19
- Isles make some history; Are the Flyers headed for trouble? 43
- Crosby, Malkin power Penguins, help Fleury grab 300th win 7
- Sooner than later? Bruins GM hopes Chara can return in 10-14 days 1
- With worst save percentage in NHL, Oilers fire goalie coach 22
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (99)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)