Jun 28, 2013, 9:52 AM EDT
Chicago forward Dave Bolland scored the Stanley Cup winning goal on Monday and the team reportedly didn’t even wait a week before shopping him around.
That might seem cold, but it’s also a reality of pro sports. Teams want to do whatever they can to win and with the salary cap in mind, now might be a good time for the Blackhawks to see if they can sell Bolland while his value is high.
With that in mind, the 27-year-old was very diplomatic when confronted with the reports.
“I’d love to be back here next year, but whatever happens, happens,” he told CSN Chicago. “It’s the NHL. Trades happen. I’d love to be back here, I love Chicago. But it’s a game and this is what can happen.”
In the meantime, Bolland will get a chance to enjoy what he’s accomplished.
“I don’t think it has (sunk in yet). It’s still just roaming around in the air that I scored that,” Bolland said. “I still look back at it and I still can’t believe it. It’s every kid’s dream to score that goal, and I did it. It’s big, and I’ll ride it right now.”
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 52
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 42
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)