Jun 28, 2013, 9:52 AM EDT
Chicago forward Dave Bolland scored the Stanley Cup winning goal on Monday and the team reportedly didn’t even wait a week before shopping him around.
That might seem cold, but it’s also a reality of pro sports. Teams want to do whatever they can to win and with the salary cap in mind, now might be a good time for the Blackhawks to see if they can sell Bolland while his value is high.
With that in mind, the 27-year-old was very diplomatic when confronted with the reports.
“I’d love to be back here next year, but whatever happens, happens,” he told CSN Chicago. “It’s the NHL. Trades happen. I’d love to be back here, I love Chicago. But it’s a game and this is what can happen.”
In the meantime, Bolland will get a chance to enjoy what he’s accomplished.
“I don’t think it has (sunk in yet). It’s still just roaming around in the air that I scored that,” Bolland said. “I still look back at it and I still can’t believe it. It’s every kid’s dream to score that goal, and I did it. It’s big, and I’ll ride it right now.”
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 6
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Minnesota leapfrogs Chicago in the Central Division (59)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)