Jun 27, 2013, 7:11 PM EDT
Ray Emery has now lifted the Stanley Cup, after the Chicago Blackhawks won the championship on Monday, and he would fancy returning to the Windy City.
However, the 30-year-old Emery is on the verge of becoming an unrestricted free agent.
“I’d love to stay here,” Emery told ESPN Chicago on Thursday. “See how that works out with what Chicago has in mind and see how the cards kind of play, but definitely would like to stay here.”
In 21 games with the Blackhawks this season, Emery posted a 17-1-0 record, as well as a .922 save percentage and 1.94 goals-against average.
Emery and starter Corey Crawford combined to win the William Jennings Trophy, after allowing the fewest goals against in the NHL.
Emery had to endure a lower-body injury toward the end of the season, but made his return to his back-up duties for the second round.
He’s coming to the end of a one-year, $1.15 million contract, and re-signing with the Blackhawks is far from a guarantee.
On June 3, the Blackhawks signed Finnish goalie Antti Raanta to a one-year contract.
- More like it? Avs crush Canucks 12
- Video: Beauties from Perry, Eberle and Duchene 4
- Ghost Time: Flyers recall Gostisbehere from AHL 25
- Trotz calls Healy’s comments on Ovechkin (and Ovechkin’s mom) ‘disrespectful’ 26
- Report: Billionaire wants NHL team in Vegas; new Coyotes owner ‘sees flipping the team as a good investment’ 23
- Chara has PCL tear, out 4-6 weeks 20
- Coburn, MacDonald out four weeks with lower-body injuries 20
- Red-hot Quick sets new Kings’ franchise shutout record 10
- Reports: Chara could miss at least 4-6 weeks with knee injury 13
- Video: Red Wings’ stars stun Penguins with late surge 32
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)