Jun 27, 2013, 7:11 PM EDT
Ray Emery has now lifted the Stanley Cup, after the Chicago Blackhawks won the championship on Monday, and he would fancy returning to the Windy City.
However, the 30-year-old Emery is on the verge of becoming an unrestricted free agent.
“I’d love to stay here,” Emery told ESPN Chicago on Thursday. “See how that works out with what Chicago has in mind and see how the cards kind of play, but definitely would like to stay here.”
In 21 games with the Blackhawks this season, Emery posted a 17-1-0 record, as well as a .922 save percentage and 1.94 goals-against average.
Emery and starter Corey Crawford combined to win the William Jennings Trophy, after allowing the fewest goals against in the NHL.
Emery had to endure a lower-body injury toward the end of the season, but made his return to his back-up duties for the second round.
He’s coming to the end of a one-year, $1.15 million contract, and re-signing with the Blackhawks is far from a guarantee.
On June 3, the Blackhawks signed Finnish goalie Antti Raanta to a one-year contract.
- Kronwalled: Red Wings D levels Lightning’s Kucherov 5
- Video: Mrazek makes astounding save, Stamkos brawls again 7
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 22
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 14
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 75
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 8
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 50
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 13
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 40
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (88)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)