Jun 27, 2013, 7:11 PM EDT
Ray Emery has now lifted the Stanley Cup, after the Chicago Blackhawks won the championship on Monday, and he would fancy returning to the Windy City.
However, the 30-year-old Emery is on the verge of becoming an unrestricted free agent.
“I’d love to stay here,” Emery told ESPN Chicago on Thursday. “See how that works out with what Chicago has in mind and see how the cards kind of play, but definitely would like to stay here.”
In 21 games with the Blackhawks this season, Emery posted a 17-1-0 record, as well as a .922 save percentage and 1.94 goals-against average.
Emery and starter Corey Crawford combined to win the William Jennings Trophy, after allowing the fewest goals against in the NHL.
Emery had to endure a lower-body injury toward the end of the season, but made his return to his back-up duties for the second round.
He’s coming to the end of a one-year, $1.15 million contract, and re-signing with the Blackhawks is far from a guarantee.
On June 3, the Blackhawks signed Finnish goalie Antti Raanta to a one-year contract.
- Video: Johnny Hockey puts on a show in Flames win 0
- Video: Red Wings’ fans show support for Gordie Howe 0
- Burrows suspended three games for ‘late hit to the head’ on Emelin 11
- Blues say Center for Disease Control hasn’t been to Scottrade, don’t plan on it coming 7
- Agent: Vanek was not ‘involved’ in money laundering 12
- Even after big changes, Isles still struggling defensively 13
- Back to junior: Sabres return Reinhart to WHL Kootenay 4
- Report: Phone hearing for Burrows, who says hit on Emelin wasn’t late 38
- Video: Burrows catches Emelin with a late hit (Updated) 12
- Report: Thomas Vanek involved in money laundering scandal 37
- Video: John Moore with an elbow to the head of Erik Haula (Updated) (62)
- Report: Varlamov being sued by ex-girlfriend (47)
- Kreider calls Brodin hit a ‘bang-bang play,’ doesn’t plan to dramatically change his game (46)
- No hearing scheduled for Kreider after Brodin hit (44)
- Kopitar out, Lombardi irate as Kings will play shorthanded vs. Flyers (40)