Jun 27, 2013, 11:50 PM EDT
That overshadowed news that the Lightning also re-signed Mike Angelidis to a one-year, two-way contract, which the club announced on its website.
Angelidis played his junior hockey with the Owen Sound Attack in the OHL.
He’s played in only seven National Hockey League games – all with the Lightning – and has one career goal, which he scored during the 2012 season.
He played only once with Tampa Bay during the lockout-shortened 2013 season.
Angelidis spent most of this season with the Syracuse Crunch in the American Hockey League. He captained that team to an appearance in the Calder Cup final.
Throughout his career in the minors, he has hit 100 penalty minutes or more in all but one of his seven seasons in the AHL.
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 0
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 40
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 29
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 9
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 15
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 47
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 22
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8