Jun 27, 2013, 11:50 PM EST
That overshadowed news that the Lightning also re-signed Mike Angelidis to a one-year, two-way contract, which the club announced on its website.
Angelidis played his junior hockey with the Owen Sound Attack in the OHL.
He’s played in only seven National Hockey League games – all with the Lightning – and has one career goal, which he scored during the 2012 season.
He played only once with Tampa Bay during the lockout-shortened 2013 season.
Angelidis spent most of this season with the Syracuse Crunch in the American Hockey League. He captained that team to an appearance in the Calder Cup final.
Throughout his career in the minors, he has hit 100 penalty minutes or more in all but one of his seven seasons in the AHL.
- Comparing the shot differentials of all 30 teams 0
- PHT interviews Jim Nill, who’s ‘not surprised’ by Stars’ early-season struggles 0
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 3
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 8
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 22
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 5
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 3
- It’s ‘unlikely’ Duncan Keith has the mumps, says Blackhawks coach 3
- Bjugstad scores the winner as Panthers, Capitals make history with 20-round shootout 21