Jun 27, 2013, 11:50 PM EST
That overshadowed news that the Lightning also re-signed Mike Angelidis to a one-year, two-way contract, which the club announced on its website.
Angelidis played his junior hockey with the Owen Sound Attack in the OHL.
He’s played in only seven National Hockey League games – all with the Lightning – and has one career goal, which he scored during the 2012 season.
He played only once with Tampa Bay during the lockout-shortened 2013 season.
Angelidis spent most of this season with the Syracuse Crunch in the American Hockey League. He captained that team to an appearance in the Calder Cup final.
Throughout his career in the minors, he has hit 100 penalty minutes or more in all but one of his seven seasons in the AHL.
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 0
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 48
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 24
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 46
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 15
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)