Jun 27, 2013, 11:50 PM EST
That overshadowed news that the Lightning also re-signed Mike Angelidis to a one-year, two-way contract, which the club announced on its website.
Angelidis played his junior hockey with the Owen Sound Attack in the OHL.
He’s played in only seven National Hockey League games – all with the Lightning – and has one career goal, which he scored during the 2012 season.
He played only once with Tampa Bay during the lockout-shortened 2013 season.
Angelidis spent most of this season with the Syracuse Crunch in the American Hockey League. He captained that team to an appearance in the Calder Cup final.
Throughout his career in the minors, he has hit 100 penalty minutes or more in all but one of his seven seasons in the AHL.
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 54
- Video: Habs’ Emelin ejected for hit on Stars’ Spezza 17
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 41
- Mike Richards clears waivers 32
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 57
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 17
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 127
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 24
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (127)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang (57)