Jun 27, 2013, 11:50 PM EDT
That overshadowed news that the Lightning also re-signed Mike Angelidis to a one-year, two-way contract, which the club announced on its website.
Angelidis played his junior hockey with the Owen Sound Attack in the OHL.
He’s played in only seven National Hockey League games – all with the Lightning – and has one career goal, which he scored during the 2012 season.
He played only once with Tampa Bay during the lockout-shortened 2013 season.
Angelidis spent most of this season with the Syracuse Crunch in the American Hockey League. He captained that team to an appearance in the Calder Cup final.
Throughout his career in the minors, he has hit 100 penalty minutes or more in all but one of his seven seasons in the AHL.
- Canucks ink Brandon Sutter to five-year, $21.875 million extension 0
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM 29
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 15
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 32
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 29
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (45)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)