Jun 27, 2013, 12:15 PM EDT
The offseason is upon us and it’s time to figure out where everyone is headed. Of course, free agency doesn’t start until July 5 and trades could happen at any moment. So how about some odds?
Online oddsmakers Bovada.lv have some numbers to help you spend your entertainment dollars on guessing who is playing where next season. Let’s dive in, shall we?
Of course, the first question surrounds Roberto Luongo‘s future. Deja vu, eh?
Will the Vancouver Canucks trade Roberto Luongo prior to the start of the 2013-14 season?
And what about Ilya Bryzgalov?
Will Ilya Bryzgalov be a starting goalie for an NHL team in their first game of the 2013-14 season?
Will the Toronto Maple Leafs trade Dion Phaneuf prior to the start of the 2013-14 season?
As for the free agents, they see a bit of a surprise destination for the recently bought out Danny Briere.
New Jersey Devils: 3/2
Ottawa Senators: 5/2
Montreal Canadiens: 9/2
Phoenix Coyotes: 5/1
Buffalo Sabres: 5/1
Those odds for him going back to Buffalo make for some great trolling money. As for playoff hero Bryan Bickell, Bovada sees a very curious destination for him.
Detroit Red Wings: 1/1
Florida Panthers: 3/1
Vancouver Canucks: 13/4
Chicago Blackhawks: 7/2
No courtesy odds for the Sabres and Terry Pegula spending more crazy money? I feel like we got slighted. As for Jarome Iginla, the Penguins don’t have the shortest odds of the bunch here.
Los Angeles Kings: 11/4
Pittsburgh Penguins: 3/1
Dallas Stars: 9/2
St. Louis Blues: 5/1
San Jose Sharks: 15/2
Anaheim Ducks: 8/1
Colorado Avalanche: 8/1
As always, these odds are just for fun or setting the bar for taking money from your friends. Curious to see how they think some things play out, however.
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 2
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 15
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 35
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 44
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 21
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- It goes to eleven: Lightning edge Rangers in track meet 34
- Brodeur signs three-year deal to be Blues’ assistant GM 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy 172
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (90)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)