Jun 27, 2013, 12:15 PM EDT
The offseason is upon us and it’s time to figure out where everyone is headed. Of course, free agency doesn’t start until July 5 and trades could happen at any moment. So how about some odds?
Online oddsmakers Bovada.lv have some numbers to help you spend your entertainment dollars on guessing who is playing where next season. Let’s dive in, shall we?
Of course, the first question surrounds Roberto Luongo‘s future. Deja vu, eh?
Will the Vancouver Canucks trade Roberto Luongo prior to the start of the 2013-14 season?
And what about Ilya Bryzgalov?
Will Ilya Bryzgalov be a starting goalie for an NHL team in their first game of the 2013-14 season?
Will the Toronto Maple Leafs trade Dion Phaneuf prior to the start of the 2013-14 season?
As for the free agents, they see a bit of a surprise destination for the recently bought out Danny Briere.
New Jersey Devils: 3/2
Ottawa Senators: 5/2
Montreal Canadiens: 9/2
Phoenix Coyotes: 5/1
Buffalo Sabres: 5/1
Those odds for him going back to Buffalo make for some great trolling money. As for playoff hero Bryan Bickell, Bovada sees a very curious destination for him.
Detroit Red Wings: 1/1
Florida Panthers: 3/1
Vancouver Canucks: 13/4
Chicago Blackhawks: 7/2
No courtesy odds for the Sabres and Terry Pegula spending more crazy money? I feel like we got slighted. As for Jarome Iginla, the Penguins don’t have the shortest odds of the bunch here.
Los Angeles Kings: 11/4
Pittsburgh Penguins: 3/1
Dallas Stars: 9/2
St. Louis Blues: 5/1
San Jose Sharks: 15/2
Anaheim Ducks: 8/1
Colorado Avalanche: 8/1
As always, these odds are just for fun or setting the bar for taking money from your friends. Curious to see how they think some things play out, however.
- Terry Trafford’s body found in Michigan on Tuesday 6
- WATCH LIVE: Washington Capitals at Pittsburgh Penguins 2
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 13
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 54
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 11
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 27
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 19
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 8
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (68)
- Flyers’ Luke Schenn on first-period brawl: ‘That’s the way it goes’ (57)