Jun 27, 2013, 12:15 PM EST
The offseason is upon us and it’s time to figure out where everyone is headed. Of course, free agency doesn’t start until July 5 and trades could happen at any moment. So how about some odds?
Online oddsmakers Bovada.lv have some numbers to help you spend your entertainment dollars on guessing who is playing where next season. Let’s dive in, shall we?
Of course, the first question surrounds Roberto Luongo‘s future. Deja vu, eh?
Will the Vancouver Canucks trade Roberto Luongo prior to the start of the 2013-14 season?
And what about Ilya Bryzgalov?
Will Ilya Bryzgalov be a starting goalie for an NHL team in their first game of the 2013-14 season?
Will the Toronto Maple Leafs trade Dion Phaneuf prior to the start of the 2013-14 season?
As for the free agents, they see a bit of a surprise destination for the recently bought out Danny Briere.
New Jersey Devils: 3/2
Ottawa Senators: 5/2
Montreal Canadiens: 9/2
Phoenix Coyotes: 5/1
Buffalo Sabres: 5/1
Those odds for him going back to Buffalo make for some great trolling money. As for playoff hero Bryan Bickell, Bovada sees a very curious destination for him.
Detroit Red Wings: 1/1
Florida Panthers: 3/1
Vancouver Canucks: 13/4
Chicago Blackhawks: 7/2
No courtesy odds for the Sabres and Terry Pegula spending more crazy money? I feel like we got slighted. As for Jarome Iginla, the Penguins don’t have the shortest odds of the bunch here.
Los Angeles Kings: 11/4
Pittsburgh Penguins: 3/1
Dallas Stars: 9/2
St. Louis Blues: 5/1
San Jose Sharks: 15/2
Anaheim Ducks: 8/1
Colorado Avalanche: 8/1
As always, these odds are just for fun or setting the bar for taking money from your friends. Curious to see how they think some things play out, however.
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 41
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 16
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 117
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 23
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 17
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 32
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 27
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 7
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (120)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)