Jun 27, 2013, 3:53 PM EST
Leading up to the 2013 NHL Entry Draft in New Jersey, we’ll be profiling top prospects who may hear their names called Sunday in the first round. Nothing too in-depth. Just enough so you know who they are and what they’re about.
Elias Lindholm (C)
Height: 6’0 Weight: 181 Shoots: Right
Team: Brynas IF Gavle (SEL)
NHL Central Scouting ranking: No. 3 among European skaters
What kind of player is he?
He’s a versatile, two-way forward that’s known for being highly competitive. Lindholm already has experience playing with men in the Swedish Elite League where he recorded 11 goals and 30 points in 48 games in 2012-13.
He’s the product of a hockey family, with his father, Mikael, enjoying a lengthy career in Europe and Sweden in particular. Mikael Lindholm also had a 18-contest stint with the Los Angeles Kings during his career. His cousin, Calle Jarnkrok, was taken by the Detroit Red Wings in the second round of the 2010 NHL Draft.
Lindholm has been compared favorably to Peter Forsberg and Mike Richards.
“He’s a great leader. Even though he’s very young, he’s still very mature. He plays in the Elite League and has a big role there and he came into (the WJC) with a lot of experience. He communicated a lot on the bench and in the locker room.” — Anaheim Ducks prospect Rickard Rakell (per Yahoo! Sports)
For more 2013 NHL Draft Previews, click here.
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 5
- Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 25
- Bettman: No decision on expansion, but they’re listening 8
- Neal admits kneeing Marchand was ‘not the smartest decision’ 67
- Leafs captain Phaneuf suspended two games for boarding 37
- Rangers confirm Staal suffered concussion 8
- Winnipeg to get outdoor game; Phoenix wants one 33
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 156
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 104
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 136
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (136)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)