Jun 27, 2013, 3:53 PM EST
Leading up to the 2013 NHL Entry Draft in New Jersey, we’ll be profiling top prospects who may hear their names called Sunday in the first round. Nothing too in-depth. Just enough so you know who they are and what they’re about.
Elias Lindholm (C)
Height: 6’0 Weight: 181 Shoots: Right
Team: Brynas IF Gavle (SEL)
NHL Central Scouting ranking: No. 3 among European skaters
What kind of player is he?
He’s a versatile, two-way forward that’s known for being highly competitive. Lindholm already has experience playing with men in the Swedish Elite League where he recorded 11 goals and 30 points in 48 games in 2012-13.
He’s the product of a hockey family, with his father, Mikael, enjoying a lengthy career in Europe and Sweden in particular. Mikael Lindholm also had a 18-contest stint with the Los Angeles Kings during his career. His cousin, Calle Jarnkrok, was taken by the Detroit Red Wings in the second round of the 2010 NHL Draft.
Lindholm has been compared favorably to Peter Forsberg and Mike Richards.
“He’s a great leader. Even though he’s very young, he’s still very mature. He plays in the Elite League and has a big role there and he came into (the WJC) with a lot of experience. He communicated a lot on the bench and in the locker room.” — Anaheim Ducks prospect Rickard Rakell (per Yahoo! Sports)
For more 2013 NHL Draft Previews, click here.
- In praise of the Hamburglar 11
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 6
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 15
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 35
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 52
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (173)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)