Jun 27, 2013, 3:53 PM EST
Leading up to the 2013 NHL Entry Draft in New Jersey, we’ll be profiling top prospects who may hear their names called Sunday in the first round. Nothing too in-depth. Just enough so you know who they are and what they’re about.
Elias Lindholm (C)
Height: 6’0 Weight: 181 Shoots: Right
Team: Brynas IF Gavle (SEL)
NHL Central Scouting ranking: No. 3 among European skaters
What kind of player is he?
He’s a versatile, two-way forward that’s known for being highly competitive. Lindholm already has experience playing with men in the Swedish Elite League where he recorded 11 goals and 30 points in 48 games in 2012-13.
He’s the product of a hockey family, with his father, Mikael, enjoying a lengthy career in Europe and Sweden in particular. Mikael Lindholm also had a 18-contest stint with the Los Angeles Kings during his career. His cousin, Calle Jarnkrok, was taken by the Detroit Red Wings in the second round of the 2010 NHL Draft.
Lindholm has been compared favorably to Peter Forsberg and Mike Richards.
“He’s a great leader. Even though he’s very young, he’s still very mature. He plays in the Elite League and has a big role there and he came into (the WJC) with a lot of experience. He communicated a lot on the bench and in the locker room.” — Anaheim Ducks prospect Rickard Rakell (per Yahoo! Sports)
For more 2013 NHL Draft Previews, click here.
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 6
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 23
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 8
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 20
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 34
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 7
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 47
- Playoff bubble watch — Rangers edition 14
- Video: Emotional day for Martin St. Louis ends in OT loss for Rangers 27
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Sabres send Miller, Ott to Blues for package including Halak, Stewart (74)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)