Jun 27, 2013, 3:53 PM EDT
Leading up to the 2013 NHL Entry Draft in New Jersey, we’ll be profiling top prospects who may hear their names called Sunday in the first round. Nothing too in-depth. Just enough so you know who they are and what they’re about.
Elias Lindholm (C)
Height: 6’0 Weight: 181 Shoots: Right
Team: Brynas IF Gavle (SEL)
NHL Central Scouting ranking: No. 3 among European skaters
What kind of player is he?
He’s a versatile, two-way forward that’s known for being highly competitive. Lindholm already has experience playing with men in the Swedish Elite League where he recorded 11 goals and 30 points in 48 games in 2012-13.
He’s the product of a hockey family, with his father, Mikael, enjoying a lengthy career in Europe and Sweden in particular. Mikael Lindholm also had a 18-contest stint with the Los Angeles Kings during his career. His cousin, Calle Jarnkrok, was taken by the Detroit Red Wings in the second round of the 2010 NHL Draft.
Lindholm has been compared favorably to Peter Forsberg and Mike Richards.
“He’s a great leader. Even though he’s very young, he’s still very mature. He plays in the Elite League and has a big role there and he came into (the WJC) with a lot of experience. He communicated a lot on the bench and in the locker room.” — Anaheim Ducks prospect Rickard Rakell (per Yahoo! Sports)
For more 2013 NHL Draft Previews, click here.
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 3
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 17
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 52
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 9
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Vermette, Teravainen return for Blackhawks in Game 4 15
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 24
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)