Jun 27, 2013, 11:51 AM EDT
Demers had a goal and three points in 22 games last season while averaging 18:37 minutes of ice time. The 25-year-old has 61 points in 205 career NHL games.
“Jason is a highly competitive puck moving defenseman that creates offense from the back end,” said Sharks GM Doug Wilson. “We’re looking forward to seeing him come back healthy and continue his growth with us.”
Reid, 23, had 10 goals and 11 assists in 34 AHL contests in 2012-13. He hasn’t made his NHL debut yet.
The financial terms of Demers deal are unknown, but Reid inked a two-way contract that comes with a $650,000 annual cap hit at the NHL level, according to Cap Geek.
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 2
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 15
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 35
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 44
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 21
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- It goes to eleven: Lightning edge Rangers in track meet 34
- Brodeur signs three-year deal to be Blues’ assistant GM 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy 172
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (90)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)