Jun 27, 2013, 11:51 AM EDT
Demers had a goal and three points in 22 games last season while averaging 18:37 minutes of ice time. The 25-year-old has 61 points in 205 career NHL games.
“Jason is a highly competitive puck moving defenseman that creates offense from the back end,” said Sharks GM Doug Wilson. “We’re looking forward to seeing him come back healthy and continue his growth with us.”
Reid, 23, had 10 goals and 11 assists in 34 AHL contests in 2012-13. He hasn’t made his NHL debut yet.
The financial terms of Demers deal are unknown, but Reid inked a two-way contract that comes with a $650,000 annual cap hit at the NHL level, according to Cap Geek.
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 11
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 10
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 25
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 55
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 2
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 60
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 52
- Report: Leafs sign Franson to one year, $3.3 million deal 8
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M 58
- Report: Blue Jackets, Johansen make ‘significant progress’ toward deal 5
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (60)
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M (58)