Jun 27, 2013, 11:51 AM EDT
Demers had a goal and three points in 22 games last season while averaging 18:37 minutes of ice time. The 25-year-old has 61 points in 205 career NHL games.
“Jason is a highly competitive puck moving defenseman that creates offense from the back end,” said Sharks GM Doug Wilson. “We’re looking forward to seeing him come back healthy and continue his growth with us.”
Reid, 23, had 10 goals and 11 assists in 34 AHL contests in 2012-13. He hasn’t made his NHL debut yet.
The financial terms of Demers deal are unknown, but Reid inked a two-way contract that comes with a $650,000 annual cap hit at the NHL level, according to Cap Geek.
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 0
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 45
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 10
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 25
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 17
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 8
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 25
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 45
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Report: Flyers table ‘substantial offer’ for Kesler, also inquiring about Edler (59)