Jun 27, 2013, 11:51 AM EDT
Demers had a goal and three points in 22 games last season while averaging 18:37 minutes of ice time. The 25-year-old has 61 points in 205 career NHL games.
“Jason is a highly competitive puck moving defenseman that creates offense from the back end,” said Sharks GM Doug Wilson. “We’re looking forward to seeing him come back healthy and continue his growth with us.”
Reid, 23, had 10 goals and 11 assists in 34 AHL contests in 2012-13. He hasn’t made his NHL debut yet.
The financial terms of Demers deal are unknown, but Reid inked a two-way contract that comes with a $650,000 annual cap hit at the NHL level, according to Cap Geek.
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 17
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 9
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 9
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 5
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 18
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 25
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 18
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 54