Jun 27, 2013, 11:51 AM EST
Demers had a goal and three points in 22 games last season while averaging 18:37 minutes of ice time. The 25-year-old has 61 points in 205 career NHL games.
“Jason is a highly competitive puck moving defenseman that creates offense from the back end,” said Sharks GM Doug Wilson. “We’re looking forward to seeing him come back healthy and continue his growth with us.”
Reid, 23, had 10 goals and 11 assists in 34 AHL contests in 2012-13. He hasn’t made his NHL debut yet.
The financial terms of Demers deal are unknown, but Reid inked a two-way contract that comes with a $650,000 annual cap hit at the NHL level, according to Cap Geek.
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 37
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 27
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 16
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 75
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Wild need two points from NHL-leading Preds 20
- Video: Potential No. 1 overall pick Connor McDavid goes end-to-end, top shelf 9
- Video: Penguins hold on to beat Capitals for first time this season 29
- Video: Fight erupts between Penguins and Capitals inside Pittsburgh’s bench 40
- Leafs’ Rielly apologizes for insensitive remarks (86)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (75)
- Chiarelli understands scrutiny on GM and coach, but says, ‘It’s unfortunate that we’re under review for one year’ (69)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (65)