Jun 27, 2013, 2:41 PM EST
The Chicago Blackhawks have won the Stanley Cup, but they have precious little time to rest up before they’ll have to defend it. For some players that means a shortened offseason training program, but others will be focused on rehabbing injuries instead.
“I may need surgery or another shot,” Hossa added today, according to the Chicago Tribune’s Chris Kuc.
Bickell is scheduled to become an unrestricted free agent this summer and is in line for a huge raise compared to his old $541,667 annual cap hit. That being said, he’s willing to give the team a hometown discount.
That’s by no means a complete list of injured Chicago players. These guys endured a lot to accomplish their goal. Now they have a chance to rest — although they’ll put that off for at least a little while longer:
#Blackhawks winger Marian Hossa said he hasn't slept today: "Don't tell my wife."
— Chris Kuc (@ChrisKuc) June 27, 2013
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 14
- Assault charges against Varlamov dropped 28
- Carlyle on HBO presence: ‘It’s not normal what we’re living right now’ 5
- Orpik: First days after Thornton attack were ‘miserable’ 67
- Video: Dustin Brown ejected for kneeing, Tomas Hertl won’t return (update) 64
- No supplemental discipline for Caps’ Wilson 32
- Habs healthy scratch Briere for first time this season 7
- Chiarelli says he’s not trading Marchand 21
- Schenn to play tonight; Oates maintains Wilson hit was ‘totally clean’ 54
- Video: ‘The message is not being heard’ when it comes to illegal hits, suspensions 53
- Updated: NHL suspends Thornton 15 games for Orpik attack (155)
- Reports: Thornton will appeal 15-game suspension (107)
- Lucic addresses fight video, says he’s ‘disgusted and outraged’ by Vancouver (103)
- Cam Neely questions length of Thornton’s suspension (78)
- Video: Penguins defeat Leafs, Bortuzzo called for illegal hit to head (71)