Jun 27, 2013, 2:41 PM EDT
The Chicago Blackhawks have won the Stanley Cup, but they have precious little time to rest up before they’ll have to defend it. For some players that means a shortened offseason training program, but others will be focused on rehabbing injuries instead.
“I may need surgery or another shot,” Hossa added today, according to the Chicago Tribune’s Chris Kuc.
Bickell is scheduled to become an unrestricted free agent this summer and is in line for a huge raise compared to his old $541,667 annual cap hit. That being said, he’s willing to give the team a hometown discount.
That’s by no means a complete list of injured Chicago players. These guys endured a lot to accomplish their goal. Now they have a chance to rest — although they’ll put that off for at least a little while longer:
#Blackhawks winger Marian Hossa said he hasn't slept today: "Don't tell my wife."
— Chris Kuc (@ChrisKuc) June 27, 2013
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 20
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 13
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)