Jun 27, 2013, 2:41 PM EST
The Chicago Blackhawks have won the Stanley Cup, but they have precious little time to rest up before they’ll have to defend it. For some players that means a shortened offseason training program, but others will be focused on rehabbing injuries instead.
“I may need surgery or another shot,” Hossa added today, according to the Chicago Tribune’s Chris Kuc.
Bickell is scheduled to become an unrestricted free agent this summer and is in line for a huge raise compared to his old $541,667 annual cap hit. That being said, he’s willing to give the team a hometown discount.
That’s by no means a complete list of injured Chicago players. These guys endured a lot to accomplish their goal. Now they have a chance to rest — although they’ll put that off for at least a little while longer:
#Blackhawks winger Marian Hossa said he hasn't slept today: "Don't tell my wife."
— Chris Kuc (@ChrisKuc) June 27, 2013
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 0
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 10
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 4
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 10
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 3
- It’s ‘unlikely’ Duncan Keith has the mumps, says Blackhawks coach 3
- Bjugstad scores the winner as Panthers, Capitals make history with 20-round shootout 20
- Yep, Beau Bennett has the mumps 24
- (Video) PHT Extra: Would the Oilers really trade Taylor Hall? 11
- Russia’s economic crisis causing big trouble for KHL 56