Jun 27, 2013, 2:41 PM EDT
The Chicago Blackhawks have won the Stanley Cup, but they have precious little time to rest up before they’ll have to defend it. For some players that means a shortened offseason training program, but others will be focused on rehabbing injuries instead.
“I may need surgery or another shot,” Hossa added today, according to the Chicago Tribune’s Chris Kuc.
Bickell is scheduled to become an unrestricted free agent this summer and is in line for a huge raise compared to his old $541,667 annual cap hit. That being said, he’s willing to give the team a hometown discount.
That’s by no means a complete list of injured Chicago players. These guys endured a lot to accomplish their goal. Now they have a chance to rest — although they’ll put that off for at least a little while longer:
#Blackhawks winger Marian Hossa said he hasn't slept today: "Don't tell my wife."
— Chris Kuc (@ChrisKuc) June 27, 2013
- Ducks’ Getzlaf (upper body) isn’t available for Game 4 0
- Two years after winning the Cup, the Kings’ ‘mix’ comes into question 36
- Duck drama: Selanne to sit as healthy scratch in Game 4 15
- MacKinnon, Johnson and Palat named Calder Trophy finalists 11
- Sharks beat Kings in OT, take 3-0 stranglehold on series 42
- Rangers chase Emery, top Flyers for 2-1 series lead 56
- Bruins dominate Red Wings, take 2-1 series lead 48
- And then there were 15: Lightning eliminated 86
- WATCH LIVE: San Jose Sharks at Los Angeles Kings (Game 3) 2
- Bettman says shootouts are staying, gives salary cap estimate 40
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (134)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)