Jun 27, 2013, 2:41 PM EDT
The Chicago Blackhawks have won the Stanley Cup, but they have precious little time to rest up before they’ll have to defend it. For some players that means a shortened offseason training program, but others will be focused on rehabbing injuries instead.
“I may need surgery or another shot,” Hossa added today, according to the Chicago Tribune’s Chris Kuc.
Bickell is scheduled to become an unrestricted free agent this summer and is in line for a huge raise compared to his old $541,667 annual cap hit. That being said, he’s willing to give the team a hometown discount.
That’s by no means a complete list of injured Chicago players. These guys endured a lot to accomplish their goal. Now they have a chance to rest — although they’ll put that off for at least a little while longer:
#Blackhawks winger Marian Hossa said he hasn't slept today: "Don't tell my wife."
— Chris Kuc (@ChrisKuc) June 27, 2013
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 0
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 28
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 106
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 2) 0
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 30
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 76
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7