Jun 27, 2013, 10:49 AM EDT
Influential player agent Don Baizley has passed away.
The long-time agent of players like Teemu Selanne and Peter Forsberg succumbed to non-smoker’s lung cancer and leaves behind a powerful legacy as an agent in hockey.
As The Canadian Press’ Stephen Whyno notes, Baizley was an influential figure in helping end the 2004-2005 NHL lockout and his client list is extensive after 30 years of work. Selanne, Forsberg, Joe Sakic, Saku Koivu, and Jari Kurri among them. As a native of Winnipeg, he was also a member of the Manitoba Hockey Hall of Fame.
Agent Allan Walsh commented on Baizley’s passing via Twitter.
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Eastern Conference Final Game 6 0
- Bob Clarke really doesn’t care for tanking 25
- Hitchcock re-signs for one more year in St. Louis 9
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 32
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 3
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 4
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 38
- Here’s the latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 3
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 9
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)