Jun 27, 2013, 10:49 AM EST
Influential player agent Don Baizley has passed away.
The long-time agent of players like Teemu Selanne and Peter Forsberg succumbed to non-smoker’s lung cancer and leaves behind a powerful legacy as an agent in hockey.
As The Canadian Press’ Stephen Whyno notes, Baizley was an influential figure in helping end the 2004-2005 NHL lockout and his client list is extensive after 30 years of work. Selanne, Forsberg, Joe Sakic, Saku Koivu, and Jari Kurri among them. As a native of Winnipeg, he was also a member of the Manitoba Hockey Hall of Fame.
Agent Allan Walsh commented on Baizley’s passing via Twitter.
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 10
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 8
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 20
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 31
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 54