Jun 26, 2013, 6:00 AM EDT
With the win, the Blackhawks hoisted the Stanley Cup for the second time in four years.
It appeared to some, including CSN New England’s Joe Haggerty, that Chara, the Bruins’ towering defenseman and captain was playing with some sort of injury during the final.
But, Chara would not confirm that. However, his coach did admit that Chara was not at 100 per cent health, which is common for players during the playoffs.
“You have to give them credit for putting a strategy together, but at the same time Zdeno is one of those players that unfortunately wasn’t 100 percent,” said Claude Julien, as per CSNNE.com. “So he battled through it, and that’s what I mean by being proud of those guys.
“Playing hurt is part of it, and our guys did that. That’s why I say you’ve got to be extremely proud of those guys. It’s going to take a little while before we can realize the accomplishment that we had in making it to the Final again, but right now it doesn’t feel good.”
Chara wasn’t the only member of the Bruins playing in discomfort or full-on injury.
Jun 2, 2015, 9:30 PM EDT
He was given permission to explore other opportunities.
Jun 2, 2015, 8:30 PM EDT
The defenseman signed a six-year, $33 million extension on Tuesday.
Jun 2, 2015, 7:30 PM EDT
His one-year contract is set to expire next month.
Jun 2, 2015, 6:19 PM EDT
He was set to become an unrestricted free agent next month.
Jun 2, 2015, 5:08 PM EDT
“You need young players to succeed in this day and age.”
Jun 2, 2015, 5:03 PM EDT
“It’s nice to score a goal every once in a while.”
Jun 2, 2015, 4:15 PM EDT
On Tuesday, the veteran forward reminisced about his 10 years in Chicago.
Jun 2, 2015, 4:00 PM EDT
He was a rookie in 2000 when his Stars lost to the Devils.
Jun 2, 2015, 3:23 PM EDT
Anaheim has the cap space to make that happen.
Jun 2, 2015, 3:04 PM EDT
“You’ve got to take care of the time you have in front of you.”
Jun 2, 2015, 2:24 PM EDT
He also might enter the season on the hot seat.
Jun 2, 2015, 1:49 PM EDT
“We let them hang around too long, and they bit us.”
Jun 2, 2015, 1:41 PM EDT
Still, he doesn’t think much of the idea of making the nets smaller.
Jun 2, 2015, 1:25 PM EDT
Stanley Cup media got off to a rather complimentary start.
Jun 2, 2015, 12:29 PM EDT
Ray Shero also outlined the team’s philosophy going forward.
Jun 2, 2015, 11:54 AM EDT
But is there room in Vancouver?
Jun 2, 2015, 11:49 AM EDT
There will also be a charitable donation.
Jun 2, 2015, 11:03 AM EDT
Pierre McGuire and Dan Patrick discuss.
Jun 2, 2015, 10:56 AM EDT
Only one more day until Game 1 of the Stanley Cup Final.
Jun 2, 2015, 10:49 AM EDT
The Penguins hope to know more about Dupuis’ chances of returning soon.
- Habs sign Petry to six-year, $33 million extension 11
- ‘Home-grown talent’ a staple of Blackhawks and Lightning 4
- A holdover from the ‘dark days,’ does Sharp have a future in Chicago? 32
- Bishop: ‘Taller guys…can be just as athletic as the smaller guys’ 6
- Tire pump? Yzerman says Toews is ‘bigger, stronger, better’ than he was 16
- Devils officially announce John Hynes, becomes youngest NHL coach 9
- PHT arrives in Tampa, gets soaked (oh, and today is Media Day) 6
- Ex-Leafs goalie Pogge eyeing North American return 5
- Poll: Should the Ducks fire Boudreau? 86
- Zuccarello (brain contusion, skull fracture) was unable to speak after injury 28
- ‘Hawks rise to occasion in Game 7, head to SCF for third time in six years (95)
- Poll: Should the Ducks fire Boudreau? (86)
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers (76)
- Is it fair to hold cap teams to old dynasty standards? (74)
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win (65)