Jun 26, 2013, 6:00 AM EDT
With the win, the Blackhawks hoisted the Stanley Cup for the second time in four years.
It appeared to some, including CSN New England’s Joe Haggerty, that Chara, the Bruins’ towering defenseman and captain was playing with some sort of injury during the final.
But, Chara would not confirm that. However, his coach did admit that Chara was not at 100 per cent health, which is common for players during the playoffs.
“You have to give them credit for putting a strategy together, but at the same time Zdeno is one of those players that unfortunately wasn’t 100 percent,” said Claude Julien, as per CSNNE.com. “So he battled through it, and that’s what I mean by being proud of those guys.
“Playing hurt is part of it, and our guys did that. That’s why I say you’ve got to be extremely proud of those guys. It’s going to take a little while before we can realize the accomplishment that we had in making it to the Final again, but right now it doesn’t feel good.”
Chara wasn’t the only member of the Bruins playing in discomfort or full-on injury.
May 6, 2015, 8:32 PM EDT
Two chances that barely missed.
May 6, 2015, 7:42 PM EDT
Tampa Bay grabs a 1-0 lead in Game 3.
May 6, 2015, 6:58 PM EDT
Things haven’t come easily for the high-end prospect.
May 6, 2015, 6:45 PM EDT
Chosen by the National Hockey League Broadcasters’ Association.
May 6, 2015, 6:14 PM EDT
Watch on TV and online.
May 6, 2015, 5:30 PM EDT
Czech netminder has appeared in 27 games for Nashville over the last two seasons.
May 6, 2015, 4:39 PM EDT
Sweden led 3-0 at one point.
May 6, 2015, 3:56 PM EDT
Scored 63 goals and 118 points this year for Portland.
May 6, 2015, 3:00 PM EDT
“It’s like a horse race — you can’t stand ten feet ahead of the finish line and determine who won a close race.”
May 6, 2015, 2:30 PM EDT
Had 89 points in 55 games.
May 6, 2015, 2:26 PM EDT
Yet the Wild coach is now staring it in the face.
May 6, 2015, 1:41 PM EDT
Teams will meet tonight and again tomorrow in Tampa Bay.
May 6, 2015, 12:54 PM EDT
“I’m still in between and weighing the options.”
May 6, 2015, 12:35 PM EDT
Calgary’s Bob Hartley is considered the favorite.
May 6, 2015, 11:59 AM EDT
Recently won a KHL championship.
May 6, 2015, 11:25 AM EDT
Reports now suggest Toronto’s interested.
May 6, 2015, 11:13 AM EDT
Deposition slated for no earlier than July.
May 6, 2015, 11:01 AM EDT
Fifth-round pick in 2011 spent all of this year in AHL Bridgeport.
May 6, 2015, 10:46 AM EDT
The same club that finished first in the league standings this year.
May 6, 2015, 10:01 AM EDT
They’ve certainly had more success in them in the 2015 playoffs.
- 2015 Jack Adams Award finalists: Hartley, Laviolette, Vigneault 5
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Canada fights back to beat Sweden at worlds 14
- NHL hockey ops explains no-goal call 41
- Jack Adams Award finalists to be announced tonight 4
- Video: Flames stun Ducks in OT to get back in the series 10
- Video: Controversial no-goal call on Flames 15
- Video: Crawford, Kane help Blackhawks push Wild to brink of elimination 53
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 1
- Prust apologizes for all the stuff he said about referee Watson 49
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (103)
- ‘You can’t win,’ ex-NHL ref Fraser says of Prust incident (83)
- New York second: Capitals stun Rangers for 1-0 series lead (76)
- Red Wings’ Devellano calls Mantha ‘very, very, very disappointing’ (66)
- Lundqvist thinks Backstrom’s hit caused Rangers to lose focus before game-winning goal (63)