Jun 26, 2013, 3:28 PM EDT
The Blues have locked up another key restricted free agent.
Shattenkirk, 24, scored 23 points in 48 games last season, emerging as a key part of St. Louis’ blueline with another pending RFA — Alex Pietrangelo, who has yet to agree to a new deal.
In 2011-12, Shattenkirk tied a career-high in points (43) and finished 18th in Norris Trophy voting.
A former Boston University standout, Shattenkirk was taken 14th overall by Colorado at the 2007 NHL Entry Draft and came to St. Louis in 2011 as part of the deal that saw Chris Stewart also head to the Blues (along with a second-round pick that would become Ty Rattie.)
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 0
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 5
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 15
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 20
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 24
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5