Jun 26, 2013, 3:28 PM EST
The Blues have locked up another key restricted free agent.
Shattenkirk, 24, scored 23 points in 48 games last season, emerging as a key part of St. Louis’ blueline with another pending RFA — Alex Pietrangelo, who has yet to agree to a new deal.
In 2011-12, Shattenkirk tied a career-high in points (43) and finished 18th in Norris Trophy voting.
A former Boston University standout, Shattenkirk was taken 14th overall by Colorado at the 2007 NHL Entry Draft and came to St. Louis in 2011 as part of the deal that saw Chris Stewart also head to the Blues (along with a second-round pick that would become Ty Rattie.)
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 4
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 2
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 15
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 33
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 15
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 15
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 2
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 11
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 46