Jun 26, 2013, 3:28 PM EDT
The Blues have locked up another key restricted free agent.
Shattenkirk, 24, scored 23 points in 48 games last season, emerging as a key part of St. Louis’ blueline with another pending RFA — Alex Pietrangelo, who has yet to agree to a new deal.
In 2011-12, Shattenkirk tied a career-high in points (43) and finished 18th in Norris Trophy voting.
A former Boston University standout, Shattenkirk was taken 14th overall by Colorado at the 2007 NHL Entry Draft and came to St. Louis in 2011 as part of the deal that saw Chris Stewart also head to the Blues (along with a second-round pick that would become Ty Rattie.)
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 4
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 58
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 3
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 58
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 30
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 21
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)