Jun 26, 2013, 3:28 PM EST
The Blues have locked up another key restricted free agent.
Shattenkirk, 24, scored 23 points in 48 games last season, emerging as a key part of St. Louis’ blueline with another pending RFA — Alex Pietrangelo, who has yet to agree to a new deal.
In 2011-12, Shattenkirk tied a career-high in points (43) and finished 18th in Norris Trophy voting.
A former Boston University standout, Shattenkirk was taken 14th overall by Colorado at the 2007 NHL Entry Draft and came to St. Louis in 2011 as part of the deal that saw Chris Stewart also head to the Blues (along with a second-round pick that would become Ty Rattie.)
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 19
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 26
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 9
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 20
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 35
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 7
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 47
- Playoff bubble watch — Rangers edition 14
- Video: Emotional day for Martin St. Louis ends in OT loss for Rangers 27
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Sabres announce Pat LaFontaine resigns as president of hockey operations (66)