Jun 26, 2013, 7:36 PM EDT
The Lightning kept it that way on Wednesday, signing the 24-year-old to a one-year, one-way contract.
Financial details were not disclosed, but NBC Sports Talk 1040’s Mike Corcoran reports that it’s worth $975K.
He was drafted in the fourth round (116th overall) by the Calgary Flames in 2007. He was part of the trade that sent Dion Phaneuf to the Toronto Maple Leafs and was then traded from Toronto to Tampa Bay in 2011-12.
Aulie generated career-highs in games played (45), goals (two), assists (five), points (seven), plus/minus (+1) and penalty minutes (60) this season.
* Five of the seven defensemen listed are 6-foot-3 or taller, including Victor Hedman (who’s also 6-foot-6). No one’s under 6 feet tall.
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 0
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 0
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 11
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 16
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 10
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)