Jun 26, 2013, 7:36 PM EST
The Lightning kept it that way on Wednesday, signing the 24-year-old to a one-year, one-way contract.
Financial details were not disclosed, but NBC Sports Talk 1040’s Mike Corcoran reports that it’s worth $975K.
He was drafted in the fourth round (116th overall) by the Calgary Flames in 2007. He was part of the trade that sent Dion Phaneuf to the Toronto Maple Leafs and was then traded from Toronto to Tampa Bay in 2011-12.
Aulie generated career-highs in games played (45), goals (two), assists (five), points (seven), plus/minus (+1) and penalty minutes (60) this season.
* Five of the seven defensemen listed are 6-foot-3 or taller, including Victor Hedman (who’s also 6-foot-6). No one’s under 6 feet tall.
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 0
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 0
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 5
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 0
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 9
- Unique World Cup format allows ‘more of the very best players’ to participate 6
- NHL unveils 2016 Winter Classic, Stadium Series games 15
- Players have fun, show off personalities in water-fueled All-Star Fantasy Draft 9
- Video: ‘Coachable’ Kessel goes from last pick to 2nd overall 5
- Video: Team Foligno takes Ryan Johansen first overall in All-Star Fantasy Draft 1
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Metro sensational: Rangers continue dominance of division, Pens (61)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)