Jun 26, 2013, 7:36 PM EDT
The Lightning kept it that way on Wednesday, signing the 24-year-old to a one-year, one-way contract.
Financial details were not disclosed, but NBC Sports Talk 1040’s Mike Corcoran reports that it’s worth $975K.
He was drafted in the fourth round (116th overall) by the Calgary Flames in 2007. He was part of the trade that sent Dion Phaneuf to the Toronto Maple Leafs and was then traded from Toronto to Tampa Bay in 2011-12.
Aulie generated career-highs in games played (45), goals (two), assists (five), points (seven), plus/minus (+1) and penalty minutes (60) this season.
* Five of the seven defensemen listed are 6-foot-3 or taller, including Victor Hedman (who’s also 6-foot-6). No one’s under 6 feet tall.
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 9
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 12
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 31
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 52
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime 105
- Sens’ Anderson continues to haunt Habs, forces Game 6 12
- Price, Dubnyk, Rinne are Vezina Trophy finalists 16
- Chicago to start Darling in Game 6 21
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (174)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (105)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (91)