Jun 26, 2013, 7:36 PM EDT
The Lightning kept it that way on Wednesday, signing the 24-year-old to a one-year, one-way contract.
Financial details were not disclosed, but NBC Sports Talk 1040′s Mike Corcoran reports that it’s worth $975K.
He was drafted in the fourth round (116th overall) by the Calgary Flames in 2007. He was part of the trade that sent Dion Phaneuf to the Toronto Maple Leafs and was then traded from Toronto to Tampa Bay in 2011-12.
Aulie generated career-highs in games played (45), goals (two), assists (five), points (seven), plus/minus (+1) and penalty minutes (60) this season.
* Five of the seven defensemen listed are 6-foot-3 or taller, including Victor Hedman (who’s also 6-foot-6). No one’s under 6 feet tall.
- Stars win one night after Peverley collapse, give Miller first Blues loss 3
- Crosby, Pens continue recent dominance of Ovechkin, Caps 19
- Terry Trafford’s body found in Michigan on Tuesday 8
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 17
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 57
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 11
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 27
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 19
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (69)
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter (59)