Jun 26, 2013, 12:41 PM EDT
A pending unrestricted free agent, Jaromir Jagr will not be back with the Boston Bruins next season.
“I don’t think they want me back,” said the future Hall of Famer today, per Dan Cagen of MetroWest Daily News.
Jagr carried a $4.5 million cap hit last season, so it might not be entirely accurate to say the Bruins don’t “want” him back. With star goalie Tuukka Rask needing a new contract and the cap falling to $64.3 million, they may not have a choice. (Also see: Andrew Ference.)
“We do have some hard decisions to make, including on re-signing players and retaining players,” said general manager Peter Chiarelli.
Jagr is also 41. Among NHLers last season, only Anaheim’s Teemu Selanne was older.
Concerns about Jagr’s durability will only be heightened by the back injury he sustained in the Stanley Cup Final; however, he did say he wants to keep playing in the NHL.
Horton, 28, is a pending UFA that finished the playoffs with 19 points in 22 games. Troublesome shoulder or not, he’ll have plenty of suitors should he hit the open market on July 5.
“I can’t predict what’s going to happen,” said Horton.
Update: CSN New England’s Joe Haggerty has more, including one source that says Horton may take less to stay with the B’s.
Chiarelli said he told Jaromir Jagr and Jay Pandolfo that the Bruins are not signing them for next season; Wade Redden is a possibility ^CS—
Boston Bruins (@NHLBruins) June 26, 2013
Jul 31, 2014, 2:31 PM EDT
He doesn’t know how to haggle.
Jul 31, 2014, 1:18 PM EDT
Dallas Stars version.
Jul 31, 2014, 12:41 PM EDT
Let’s make a big deal out of this, shall we?
Jul 31, 2014, 11:52 AM EDT
A “well-deserved” honor, according to Ed Snider.
Jul 31, 2014, 10:51 AM EDT
Beginning with the Stanley Cup champion Los Angeles Kings. Click for the full 30-team schedule.
Jul 31, 2014, 10:22 AM EDT
Brandon Sutter next?
Jul 31, 2014, 9:51 AM EDT
Went 12-15-6 with a .913 save percentage last season for Ottawa.
Jul 31, 2014, 9:00 AM EDT
But he also won’t require surgery.
Jul 31, 2014, 8:00 AM EDT
All that and more, inside.
Jul 30, 2014, 9:30 PM EDT
They’ll face off against Canada and Russia at a tournament in Toronto next week.
Jul 30, 2014, 8:30 PM EDT
Acquired last season in exchange for Krys Barch.
Jul 30, 2014, 7:30 PM EDT
“We’re moving along on that.”
Jul 30, 2014, 6:28 PM EDT
“We haven’t approached it in that respect.”
Jul 30, 2014, 5:30 PM EDT
This time, it features just one plaintiff — former Bruin Jon Rohloff.
Jul 30, 2014, 4:34 PM EDT
Alternate captain notched a career-high in goals last year.
Jul 30, 2014, 3:30 PM EDT
“Usually this isn’t the time to fight for the big contract.”
Jul 30, 2014, 2:35 PM EDT
Jim Hiller is hoping to follow in the footsteps of Todd McLellan, Paul MacLean, and Bill Peters.
Jul 30, 2014, 1:28 PM EDT
Finnish club is moving to the KHL next season.
Jul 30, 2014, 12:17 PM EDT
Arbitration hearing is scheduled for Thursday.
Jul 30, 2014, 11:28 AM EDT
After not giving him a qualifying offer.
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 23
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 5
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 12
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 30
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 46
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 21
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 31
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (46)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)
- Richards: If not for the cap, half the league would want to play for Hawks (36)