Jun 26, 2013, 10:58 AM EDT
Washington has re-signed noted pugilist Joel Rechlicz to a one-year, two-way deal, GM George McPhee announced on Wednesday.
Rechlicz, 26, split last season between AHL Hershey and Portland (he was acquired from Phoenix at the trade deadline).
Known as “The Wrecker,” Rechlicz appeared in three games for the Capitals during the 2011-12 season after forging a reputation as one of the toughest players in the AHL.
He racked up a whopping 267 penalty minutes in just 44 games with Hershey a year ago, fighting 17 times.
And here’s arguably his most famous tilt, against AHL Bridgeport’s Brett Gallant:
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 12
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 10
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 24
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 73
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)