Jun 26, 2013, 3:25 PM EDT
Earlier today, Ilya Bryzgalov released a statement through his agent, Ritch Winter, thanking Philadelphia Flyers owner Ed Snider for “the faith he showed in me when he committed to the long term contract that has secured my family’s financial future and acknowledging his passion for the game of hockey.”
The statement set a largely convivial tone after the Flyers announced they would use a compliance buyout on Bryzgalov.
However, we’re not sure we’d say the same about Winter’s tone in a radio interview he just had with Edmonton’s 630 CHED.
As for Bryzgalov’s future, Winter said the Oilers are a team that his client — now free to sign with any of the other 29 teams in the NHL — would consider joining.
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 4
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 57
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Deal with the Devils: New Jersey re-signs Larsson to six-year contract 14
- Stepan seeks $7.25M in arbitration, Rangers counter at $5.2M 24
- Capitals investment: Holtby signs five-year, $30.5M deal 21
- Redemption time? Montreal, Semin agree to one-year deal 26
- Full autonomy: Lamoriello’s place in Leafs’ chain of command 26
- Lamoriello’s departure removes any doubt: Devils are Shero’s team 21
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- NHL to ‘focus exclusively’ on expansion bids for Las Vegas and Quebec City (89)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- Ah, arbitration: Holtby reportedly asking for $8 million, Caps countering at $5.1 million (59)