Jun 26, 2013, 3:25 PM EDT
Earlier today, Ilya Bryzgalov released a statement through his agent, Ritch Winter, thanking Philadelphia Flyers owner Ed Snider for “the faith he showed in me when he committed to the long term contract that has secured my family’s financial future and acknowledging his passion for the game of hockey.”
The statement set a largely convivial tone after the Flyers announced they would use a compliance buyout on Bryzgalov.
However, we’re not sure we’d say the same about Winter’s tone in a radio interview he just had with Edmonton’s 630 CHED.
As for Bryzgalov’s future, Winter said the Oilers are a team that his client — now free to sign with any of the other 29 teams in the NHL — would consider joining.
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 3
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 28
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 13
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 5
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 4
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 0
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 49
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 11
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)