Jun 26, 2013, 3:25 PM EST
Earlier today, Ilya Bryzgalov released a statement through his agent, Ritch Winter, thanking Philadelphia Flyers owner Ed Snider for “the faith he showed in me when he committed to the long term contract that has secured my family’s financial future and acknowledging his passion for the game of hockey.”
The statement set a largely convivial tone after the Flyers announced they would use a compliance buyout on Bryzgalov.
However, we’re not sure we’d say the same about Winter’s tone in a radio interview he just had with Edmonton’s 630 CHED.
As for Bryzgalov’s future, Winter said the Oilers are a team that his client — now free to sign with any of the other 29 teams in the NHL — would consider joining.
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 4
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 6
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 10
- Breaking: Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 27
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)