Jun 26, 2013, 3:25 PM EST
Earlier today, Ilya Bryzgalov released a statement through his agent, Ritch Winter, thanking Philadelphia Flyers owner Ed Snider for “the faith he showed in me when he committed to the long term contract that has secured my family’s financial future and acknowledging his passion for the game of hockey.”
The statement set a largely convivial tone after the Flyers announced they would use a compliance buyout on Bryzgalov.
However, we’re not sure we’d say the same about Winter’s tone in a radio interview he just had with Edmonton’s 630 CHED.
As for Bryzgalov’s future, Winter said the Oilers are a team that his client — now free to sign with any of the other 29 teams in the NHL — would consider joining.
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 39
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 18
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 9
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 28