Jun 26, 2013, 10:40 PM EST
Much is unclear about pending free agent Bryan Bickell‘s future, but there’s no doubt he’ll make more than the $600K salary he pulled in this season.
“We certainly want to bring him back,” Bowman said. “That’s our objective right now. We’re working on that and some other things, and there’s a short amount of time to do it. We’re optimistic and hopeful.”
It appears that a return is the 27-year-old’s preference, at least.
“I got drafted in ’04 with this team,” Bickell said. “I think this is a second home to me. To be brought up through the minor leagues and being here the last couple years has been an honor. I feel this is a home to me. I have a lot of friends and family with me in the city. I enjoy it a lot here.”
Perhaps Bickell might need to leave a little money on the table, too, as he made some serious waves – and a lot of funny faces – in the playoffs.
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 10
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 8
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 20
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 31
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 54