Jun 26, 2013, 10:40 PM EDT
Much is unclear about pending free agent Bryan Bickell‘s future, but there’s no doubt he’ll make more than the $600K salary he pulled in this season.
“We certainly want to bring him back,” Bowman said. “That’s our objective right now. We’re working on that and some other things, and there’s a short amount of time to do it. We’re optimistic and hopeful.”
It appears that a return is the 27-year-old’s preference, at least.
“I got drafted in ’04 with this team,” Bickell said. “I think this is a second home to me. To be brought up through the minor leagues and being here the last couple years has been an honor. I feel this is a home to me. I have a lot of friends and family with me in the city. I enjoy it a lot here.”
Perhaps Bickell might need to leave a little money on the table, too, as he made some serious waves – and a lot of funny faces – in the playoffs.
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 6
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 6
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 26
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 43
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 35
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 20