Jun 25, 2013, 9:56 AM EDT
About a month and a half ago, the Toronto Maple Leafs and their fans were in shock after a late-game collapse against the Boston Bruins suddenly ended their season.
Although Chicago scoring two late goals to earn a Stanley Cup-clinching 3-2 victory isn’t the same as the Maple Leafs coughing up a 4-1 third period lead, it is fair to say that the Bruins also ended up heartbroken and shocked.
And so with that in mind, the Toronto Sun picked its cover (courtesy of the Toronto Sun’s Ian Shantz):
It’s worth adding that the Toronto Sun also ran with the headline “The choke’s on us” after the Bruins eliminated the Leafs in Game 7 of their first-round series.
That defeat probably won’t be forgotten anytime soon in Toronto and will almost certainly be brought up when the Bruins and Maple Leafs face each other next season. In Boston though, they probably aren’t thinking about how they bested the Leafs in dramatic fashion. They have more recent events on their minds.
- Video: Islanders’ Hickey cut after taking a skate to the face 0
- (Video) McKenzie: NHLPA ‘entirely on board’ with Voynov suspension 1
- If allegations are true, will Kings welcome Voynov back into their ‘special’ group? 27
- Rutherford on Fleury: ‘As long as I’m the GM, he’ll be our goalie’ 15
- Datsyuk will play tonight in Montreal 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers take on ‘Hawks in Chicago 8
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 30
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 3
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 29
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 36
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)