Jun 25, 2013, 9:56 AM EST
About a month and a half ago, the Toronto Maple Leafs and their fans were in shock after a late-game collapse against the Boston Bruins suddenly ended their season.
Although Chicago scoring two late goals to earn a Stanley Cup-clinching 3-2 victory isn’t the same as the Maple Leafs coughing up a 4-1 third period lead, it is fair to say that the Bruins also ended up heartbroken and shocked.
And so with that in mind, the Toronto Sun picked its cover (courtesy of the Toronto Sun’s Ian Shantz):
It’s worth adding that the Toronto Sun also ran with the headline “The choke’s on us” after the Bruins eliminated the Leafs in Game 7 of their first-round series.
That defeat probably won’t be forgotten anytime soon in Toronto and will almost certainly be brought up when the Bruins and Maple Leafs face each other next season. In Boston though, they probably aren’t thinking about how they bested the Leafs in dramatic fashion. They have more recent events on their minds.
- ‘We can build on this': Devils lose with Lou Lamoriello behind the bench 1
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 3
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 4
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 55
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 2
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 14
- Criticism spreads to GM Lou Lamoriello after Devils fire DeBoer 10
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap (57)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)