Jun 25, 2013, 9:56 AM EDT
About a month and a half ago, the Toronto Maple Leafs and their fans were in shock after a late-game collapse against the Boston Bruins suddenly ended their season.
Although Chicago scoring two late goals to earn a Stanley Cup-clinching 3-2 victory isn’t the same as the Maple Leafs coughing up a 4-1 third period lead, it is fair to say that the Bruins also ended up heartbroken and shocked.
And so with that in mind, the Toronto Sun picked its cover (courtesy of the Toronto Sun’s Ian Shantz):
It’s worth adding that the Toronto Sun also ran with the headline “The choke’s on us” after the Bruins eliminated the Leafs in Game 7 of their first-round series.
That defeat probably won’t be forgotten anytime soon in Toronto and will almost certainly be brought up when the Bruins and Maple Leafs face each other next season. In Boston though, they probably aren’t thinking about how they bested the Leafs in dramatic fashion. They have more recent events on their minds.
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 4
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 2
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 3
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 25
- Here’s the latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 3
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 9
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 19
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 16
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 75
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)