Jun 25, 2013, 9:56 AM EDT
About a month and a half ago, the Toronto Maple Leafs and their fans were in shock after a late-game collapse against the Boston Bruins suddenly ended their season.
Although Chicago scoring two late goals to earn a Stanley Cup-clinching 3-2 victory isn’t the same as the Maple Leafs coughing up a 4-1 third period lead, it is fair to say that the Bruins also ended up heartbroken and shocked.
And so with that in mind, the Toronto Sun picked its cover (courtesy of the Toronto Sun’s Ian Shantz):
It’s worth adding that the Toronto Sun also ran with the headline “The choke’s on us” after the Bruins eliminated the Leafs in Game 7 of their first-round series.
That defeat probably won’t be forgotten anytime soon in Toronto and will almost certainly be brought up when the Bruins and Maple Leafs face each other next season. In Boston though, they probably aren’t thinking about how they bested the Leafs in dramatic fashion. They have more recent events on their minds.
- NHL, Coyotes deny report that team is moving to Vegas 0
- Report: Richards’ border incident involved oxycodone 31
- Trade: Bieksa headed to California — but it’s Anaheim, not San Jose 19
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago 82
- Hamilton signs six-year deal with Flames 18
- Sharks get Jones from Bruins for first-round pick and unsigned prospect 42
- Hurricanes to buy out Semin 14
- Bruins are talking to teams about Savard, but not Rask 13
- Report: Richards part of police investigation 46
- UFA of the Day: Mike Green 5
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (82)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)