Jun 25, 2013, 8:05 AM EST
The Blackhawks have returned to Chicago, and they brought a friend. After Chicago Fire Department firetrucks sprayed the plane with water in a repeat of what they did in 2010, forward Michal Handzus emerged from with the Stanley Cup in hand, CSN Chicago reports.
Patrick Kane was also carring the Conn Smythe Trophy as he left the aircraft.
After overcoming a number of trials to get to this point, not to mention their late game comeback last night to win it all, the Blackhawks’ celebrations have only begun.
The City of Chicago is already planning out the team’s parade, according to the Chicago Tribune. The event is expected be held this week, but an exact date hasn’t been determined yet.
Update: The parade will be held Friday morning, according to NBC Chicago.
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 34
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 49
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 17
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 33
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 11
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 49
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 50
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 17
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 67
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 49
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (168)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (69)