Jun 25, 2013, 8:05 AM EST
The Blackhawks have returned to Chicago, and they brought a friend. After Chicago Fire Department firetrucks sprayed the plane with water in a repeat of what they did in 2010, forward Michal Handzus emerged from with the Stanley Cup in hand, CSN Chicago reports.
Patrick Kane was also carring the Conn Smythe Trophy as he left the aircraft.
After overcoming a number of trials to get to this point, not to mention their late game comeback last night to win it all, the Blackhawks’ celebrations have only begun.
The City of Chicago is already planning out the team’s parade, according to the Chicago Tribune. The event is expected be held this week, but an exact date hasn’t been determined yet.
Update: The parade will be held Friday morning, according to NBC Chicago.
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 27
- Isles’ Clutterbuck latest to be fined for diving 18
- No hearing scheduled for Kesler after ‘dirty play’ on Dorsett 22
- Why NHL fans — no matter where they live — should care about the plunging Canadian dollar 32
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 63
- Video: Habs’ Emelin ejected for hit on Stars’ Spezza 31
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 41
- Mike Richards clears waivers 35
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 58