Jun 25, 2013, 8:05 AM EDT
The Blackhawks have returned to Chicago, and they brought a friend. After Chicago Fire Department firetrucks sprayed the plane with water in a repeat of what they did in 2010, forward Michal Handzus emerged from with the Stanley Cup in hand, CSN Chicago reports.
Patrick Kane was also carring the Conn Smythe Trophy as he left the aircraft.
After overcoming a number of trials to get to this point, not to mention their late game comeback last night to win it all, the Blackhawks’ celebrations have only begun.
The City of Chicago is already planning out the team’s parade, according to the Chicago Tribune. The event is expected be held this week, but an exact date hasn’t been determined yet.
Update: The parade will be held Friday morning, according to NBC Chicago.
- Flames sign Devin Setoguchi 3
- Under Pressure: Turris, MacArthur & Ryan 1
- It’s Ottawa Senators day on PHT 12
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 11
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 26
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 19
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33