Jun 25, 2013, 8:05 AM EDT
The Blackhawks have returned to Chicago, and they brought a friend. After Chicago Fire Department firetrucks sprayed the plane with water in a repeat of what they did in 2010, forward Michal Handzus emerged from with the Stanley Cup in hand, CSN Chicago reports.
Patrick Kane was also carring the Conn Smythe Trophy as he left the aircraft.
After overcoming a number of trials to get to this point, not to mention their late game comeback last night to win it all, the Blackhawks’ celebrations have only begun.
The City of Chicago is already planning out the team’s parade, according to the Chicago Tribune. The event is expected be held this week, but an exact date hasn’t been determined yet.
Update: The parade will be held Friday morning, according to NBC Chicago.
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 0
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 12
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 10
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)