Jun 25, 2013, 8:05 AM EDT
The Blackhawks have returned to Chicago, and they brought a friend. After Chicago Fire Department firetrucks sprayed the plane with water in a repeat of what they did in 2010, forward Michal Handzus emerged from with the Stanley Cup in hand, CSN Chicago reports.
Patrick Kane was also carring the Conn Smythe Trophy as he left the aircraft.
After overcoming a number of trials to get to this point, not to mention their late game comeback last night to win it all, the Blackhawks’ celebrations have only begun.
The City of Chicago is already planning out the team’s parade, according to the Chicago Tribune. The event is expected be held this week, but an exact date hasn’t been determined yet.
Update: The parade will be held Friday morning, according to NBC Chicago.
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 7
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 13
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 27
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 16
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 8
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)