Jun 25, 2013, 8:55 PM EST
Goaltender Henrik Karlsson is reportedly on his way back to his homeland in Sweden.
As per a report (translated through Google) from the SVT Sport, the 29-year-old Karlsson has signed a one-year contract with Skellefteå AIK, the Swedish champions.
Karlsson joined the Calgary Flames organization from Europe, beginning in the 2010-11 season. He spent parts of two years in Calgary, with an assignment to Abbotsford in the American Hockey League as well.
The Flames traded Karlsson to the Chicago Blackhawks in January, but he spent the majority of the season in Rockford of the AHL.
He did spend some time with Chicago this year, including for the playoffs.
- Cardiac Cats: Panthers win as Reimer, Leafs fade in third 4
- Report: Canes’ Jordan Staal to make season debut Monday 1
- ‘We can build on this': Devils lose with Lou Lamoriello behind the bench 7
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 8
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 7
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 73
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 4
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2