Jun 25, 2013, 8:55 PM EDT
Goaltender Henrik Karlsson is reportedly on his way back to his homeland in Sweden.
As per a report (translated through Google) from the SVT Sport, the 29-year-old Karlsson has signed a one-year contract with Skellefteå AIK, the Swedish champions.
Karlsson joined the Calgary Flames organization from Europe, beginning in the 2010-11 season. He spent parts of two years in Calgary, with an assignment to Abbotsford in the American Hockey League as well.
The Flames traded Karlsson to the Chicago Blackhawks in January, but he spent the majority of the season in Rockford of the AHL.
He did spend some time with Chicago this year, including for the playoffs.
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 6
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 35
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 16
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 52
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother (Updated) 31
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 30
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 54