Jun 25, 2013, 8:55 PM EDT
Goaltender Henrik Karlsson is reportedly on his way back to his homeland in Sweden.
As per a report (translated through Google) from the SVT Sport, the 29-year-old Karlsson has signed a one-year contract with Skellefteå AIK, the Swedish champions.
Karlsson joined the Calgary Flames organization from Europe, beginning in the 2010-11 season. He spent parts of two years in Calgary, with an assignment to Abbotsford in the American Hockey League as well.
The Flames traded Karlsson to the Chicago Blackhawks in January, but he spent the majority of the season in Rockford of the AHL.
He did spend some time with Chicago this year, including for the playoffs.
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 3
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 10
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (47)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)