Jun 25, 2013, 2:56 PM EDT
In 2013, Gagner — a pending restricted free agent — had 14 goals and 38 points in 48 games.
Along with Ryan Nugent-Hopkins, if Gagner agrees to a contract, the Oilers would have a pair of young, talented top-six centers going forward.
Questions remain about the team’s size and toughness up front, as well as the defense and goaltending.
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 16
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 4
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 5
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 34
- Poll: Will Washington get back into the playoffs? 28
- Buffalo lands next two NHL scouting combines 23
- Under Pressure: In Washington? Take your pick 24
- It’s Washington Capitals day on PHT 42
- It’s Florida Panthers day on PHT 8