Jun 25, 2013, 12:39 PM EDT
“We’re pretty close with Anisimov, and again, we’re optimistic that we’ll get a deal done sooner rather than later,” GM Jarmo Kekalainen told the team website. “We’ve done all of our qualifying offers and all that – those are going out, but we want to respect the process so we communicate with the players.
“I’m optimistic (Anisimov) will get done here shortly.”
Anisimov, 25, finished third on the teal in goals (11) and points (18) last season, despite playing in just 35 games due to a variety of injuries.
The Russian forward — acquired by Columbus from New York as part of the Rick Nash deal — will have his two-year, $3.75 million deal expire on July 5, at which time he’ll become a restricted free agent.
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 5
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 5
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 12
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 13
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 11
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 74
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 28
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)