Jun 25, 2013, 12:39 PM EST
“We’re pretty close with Anisimov, and again, we’re optimistic that we’ll get a deal done sooner rather than later,” GM Jarmo Kekalainen told the team website. “We’ve done all of our qualifying offers and all that – those are going out, but we want to respect the process so we communicate with the players.
“I’m optimistic (Anisimov) will get done here shortly.”
Anisimov, 25, finished third on the teal in goals (11) and points (18) last season, despite playing in just 35 games due to a variety of injuries.
The Russian forward — acquired by Columbus from New York as part of the Rick Nash deal — will have his two-year, $3.75 million deal expire on July 5, at which time he’ll become a restricted free agent.
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 1
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 27
- Isles’ Clutterbuck latest to be fined for diving 18
- No hearing scheduled for Kesler after ‘dirty play’ on Dorsett 22
- Why NHL fans — no matter where they live — should care about the plunging Canadian dollar 32
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 63
- Video: Habs’ Emelin ejected for hit on Stars’ Spezza 31
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 44
- Mike Richards clears waivers 35
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15