Jun 25, 2013, 12:39 PM EDT
“We’re pretty close with Anisimov, and again, we’re optimistic that we’ll get a deal done sooner rather than later,” GM Jarmo Kekalainen told the team website. “We’ve done all of our qualifying offers and all that – those are going out, but we want to respect the process so we communicate with the players.
“I’m optimistic (Anisimov) will get done here shortly.”
Anisimov, 25, finished third on the teal in goals (11) and points (18) last season, despite playing in just 35 games due to a variety of injuries.
The Russian forward — acquired by Columbus from New York as part of the Rick Nash deal — will have his two-year, $3.75 million deal expire on July 5, at which time he’ll become a restricted free agent.
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 21
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 11
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 9
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 5
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 18
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 25
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 18
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 54