Jun 25, 2013, 3:16 PM EDT
The Hurricanes have re-upped with UFA forward Brett Sutter on a one-year deal worth $600,000 at the NHL level, the club announced on Tuesday.
He’s since appeared in 19 games for the ‘Canes, registering three assists.
A productive contributor for AHL Charlotte (where he’s guaranteed to earn $250,000 next year), Sutter should have a shot of cracking the Carolina roster to start the 2013-14 season.
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ 20
- Holland doesn’t see Babcock deal by start of season 5
- Risk Factors: Pittsburgh Penguins edition 4
- PHT Morning Skate: Flyers bringing back Ice Girls 9
- Dillon’s agent: Discussions with Stars are ‘frustrating and disappointing’ 7
- NHL shoots down Tkachev’s contract with Edmonton 9
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 6
- Johansen, Blue Jackets talks haven’t just resumed, they’re ‘very polite’ 14
- Speedy recovery: Giroux (lower body) to play vs. Rangers tonight 12
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 13
- Jordan Subban has ‘moved on’ after ‘unfortunate’ photo caption by Vancouver papers (52)
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Sabres’ Nolan, Avalanche don’t believe in analytics (32)
- Ouch: Datsyuk (separated shoulder) out 4-5 weeks (27)
- Spooner scores, but coach Julien’s not happy (23)