Jun 25, 2013, 3:16 PM EDT
The Hurricanes have re-upped with UFA forward Brett Sutter on a one-year deal worth $600,000 at the NHL level, the club announced on Tuesday.
He’s since appeared in 19 games for the ‘Canes, registering three assists.
A productive contributor for AHL Charlotte (where he’s guaranteed to earn $250,000 next year), Sutter should have a shot of cracking the Carolina roster to start the 2013-14 season.
- The Ducks got Kesler for a game like Saturday’s 24
- Your Lightning-Rangers Game 7 officials are… 1
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 51
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 12
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 45
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 18
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 9
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 6
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 1
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)