Jun 24, 2013, 8:08 PM EDT
Shortly after Game 5, many were asking a more-than-reasonable question: which team benefits the most from Jonathan Toews and Patrice Bergeron missing Game 6 of the 2013 Stanley Cup Final? As Monday’s earlier reports indicated, the answer is “not applicable.”
Both players are ready to go tonight with Boston’s season on the line and Chicago eyeing its second recent Stanley Cup victory. Obviously, expecting them to be at 100 percent is probably unrealistic, despite what Toews might say.
It’s believed that Toews, 25, was shaken up by a Johnny Boychuk hit in Game 5. (Boychuk didn’t receive supplementary discipline for the check, which Chicago hasn’t raised too much of a stink about.)
The nature of the ailment(s) plaguing Bergeron, 27, are more mysterious. The cause is, too. Plenty of people have been entertained by guessing games regarding which of the two-way star’s organs are in a bad way, but chances are that we won’t find out what’s really bothering him until this series is over.
Either way, both Selke-winning centers are going to gut out the pain for another game or two, adding another bullet point to the “hockey players are tough” argument.
Apr 17, 2014, 9:53 AM EDT
It’s a motivation thing.
Apr 17, 2014, 9:25 AM EDT
He had eight points in 19 games with New York.
Apr 17, 2014, 8:25 AM EDT
New York, St. Louis, Denver, and San Jose is where it’s at tonight.
Apr 17, 2014, 1:19 AM EDT
A Tyler Seguin bullet, no less.
Apr 17, 2014, 1:08 AM EDT
A tale of two games, really.
Apr 17, 2014, 12:52 AM EDT
“We did it time and time again.”
Apr 17, 2014, 12:26 AM EDT
“It’s one that got by him.”
Apr 17, 2014, 12:03 AM EDT
The trio was big in Wednesday’s Game 1 victory over the Jackets.
Apr 16, 2014, 11:23 PM EDT
It’s bad enough to inspire Jon Cooper’s pity, though.
Apr 16, 2014, 10:59 PM EDT
“We aren’t here just to go to school. We’re here to win.”
Apr 16, 2014, 10:41 PM EDT
After all that star power in regulation …
Apr 16, 2014, 10:22 PM EDT
Pittsburgh scores three unanswered goals to win.
Apr 16, 2014, 10:14 PM EDT
The West’s No. 1 seed takes on the final wild card qualifier.
Apr 16, 2014, 9:22 PM EDT
Did the Penguins deserve a power play or penalty shot?
Apr 16, 2014, 8:50 PM EDT
Get used to these stories of toughness.
Apr 16, 2014, 8:11 PM EDT
Updated with bonus goals for your enjoyment.
Apr 16, 2014, 7:45 PM EDT
Tomas Plekanec spoils Tampa Bay’s lead.
Apr 16, 2014, 7:24 PM EDT
In case there was any doubt.
Apr 16, 2014, 6:46 PM EDT
Unproven goalie vs. a gold-medal goalie in Game 1.
Apr 16, 2014, 6:30 PM EDT
A battle between a scrappy underdog and a perplexing favorite.
- Ducks hold off spirited Stars comeback, take 1-0 series lead 5
- Weise gives Canadiens 1-0 series lead with overtime win 7
- Penguins outlast Blue Jackets, take Game 1 48
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 79
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 36
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 57
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 35
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 10
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 42
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 26
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers (79)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? (57)