Jun 24, 2013, 8:08 PM EDT
Shortly after Game 5, many were asking a more-than-reasonable question: which team benefits the most from Jonathan Toews and Patrice Bergeron missing Game 6 of the 2013 Stanley Cup Final? As Monday’s earlier reports indicated, the answer is “not applicable.”
Both players are ready to go tonight with Boston’s season on the line and Chicago eyeing its second recent Stanley Cup victory. Obviously, expecting them to be at 100 percent is probably unrealistic, despite what Toews might say.
It’s believed that Toews, 25, was shaken up by a Johnny Boychuk hit in Game 5. (Boychuk didn’t receive supplementary discipline for the check, which Chicago hasn’t raised too much of a stink about.)
The nature of the ailment(s) plaguing Bergeron, 27, are more mysterious. The cause is, too. Plenty of people have been entertained by guessing games regarding which of the two-way star’s organs are in a bad way, but chances are that we won’t find out what’s really bothering him until this series is over.
Either way, both Selke-winning centers are going to gut out the pain for another game or two, adding another bullet point to the “hockey players are tough” argument.
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 3
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 6
- Schwartz’s first career hat trick leads Blues past Coyotes 2
- Giroux nets OT winner as Flyers top Stars 3
- Miller suffers upper body injury in Bruins win 3
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ 45
- Report: Islanders were sold for $485 million 8
- Scrivens believes Oilers are ‘starting to build winning habits’ 9
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (119)
- Discuss: Avs beat B’s with last-second — literally! — goal (64)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Panthers set another record with low attendance (56)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (53)