Jun 24, 2013, 8:08 PM EST
Shortly after Game 5, many were asking a more-than-reasonable question: which team benefits the most from Jonathan Toews and Patrice Bergeron missing Game 6 of the 2013 Stanley Cup Final? As Monday’s earlier reports indicated, the answer is “not applicable.”
Both players are ready to go tonight with Boston’s season on the line and Chicago eyeing its second recent Stanley Cup victory. Obviously, expecting them to be at 100 percent is probably unrealistic, despite what Toews might say.
It’s believed that Toews, 25, was shaken up by a Johnny Boychuk hit in Game 5. (Boychuk didn’t receive supplementary discipline for the check, which Chicago hasn’t raised too much of a stink about.)
The nature of the ailment(s) plaguing Bergeron, 27, are more mysterious. The cause is, too. Plenty of people have been entertained by guessing games regarding which of the two-way star’s organs are in a bad way, but chances are that we won’t find out what’s really bothering him until this series is over.
Either way, both Selke-winning centers are going to gut out the pain for another game or two, adding another bullet point to the “hockey players are tough” argument.
- Luongo leaves game, Panthers in bind with Montoya also hurt 3
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 48
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 22
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 46
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 15
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)