Jun 24, 2013, 8:08 PM EDT
Shortly after Game 5, many were asking a more-than-reasonable question: which team benefits the most from Jonathan Toews and Patrice Bergeron missing Game 6 of the 2013 Stanley Cup Final? As Monday’s earlier reports indicated, the answer is “not applicable.”
Both players are ready to go tonight with Boston’s season on the line and Chicago eyeing its second recent Stanley Cup victory. Obviously, expecting them to be at 100 percent is probably unrealistic, despite what Toews might say.
It’s believed that Toews, 25, was shaken up by a Johnny Boychuk hit in Game 5. (Boychuk didn’t receive supplementary discipline for the check, which Chicago hasn’t raised too much of a stink about.)
The nature of the ailment(s) plaguing Bergeron, 27, are more mysterious. The cause is, too. Plenty of people have been entertained by guessing games regarding which of the two-way star’s organs are in a bad way, but chances are that we won’t find out what’s really bothering him until this series is over.
Either way, both Selke-winning centers are going to gut out the pain for another game or two, adding another bullet point to the “hockey players are tough” argument.
- Five big games to watch this weekend 1
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 28
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 28
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 34
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 32
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 14
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 51
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 20
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 16
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (51)