Jun 24, 2013, 9:08 PM EDT
Going into the 2013 Stanley Cup Final, Boston Bruins center Chris Kelly failed to register a single playoff point. Perhaps he’s been saving his best for last, then?
Kelly scored the 1-0 goal in Game 6 on Monday, giving him three points in this series:
While he’s known more for his complimentary play, the 32-year-old must be relieved to finally find the net. Of course, having Tyler Seguin on his line doesn’t hurt, either.
Paille, Kelly, Seguin have combined for 11 pts in the Final (4 goals, 7 assists). Trio had 9 total pts this playoffs entering the series^CS
— Boston Bruins (@NHLBruins) June 25, 2013
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 22
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 16
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 51
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 12
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 22
- P.K. Subban: ‘I’m not trying to change the game of hockey’ 24
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker 39