Jun 24, 2013, 9:08 PM EDT
Going into the 2013 Stanley Cup Final, Boston Bruins center Chris Kelly failed to register a single playoff point. Perhaps he’s been saving his best for last, then?
Kelly scored the 1-0 goal in Game 6 on Monday, giving him three points in this series:
While he’s known more for his complimentary play, the 32-year-old must be relieved to finally find the net. Of course, having Tyler Seguin on his line doesn’t hurt, either.
Paille, Kelly, Seguin have combined for 11 pts in the Final (4 goals, 7 assists). Trio had 9 total pts this playoffs entering the series^CS
— Boston Bruins (@NHLBruins) June 25, 2013
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 4
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 6
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 7
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18