Jun 24, 2013, 12:30 PM EDT
The Blackhawks will have their captain in the lineup for Game 6 of the Stanley Cup Final.
On Monday, Jonathan Toews declared himself fit to return after missing the entire third period of Game 5, saying he felt “100 percent” following today’s morning skate.
Here’s more, from Chris Stevenson of the Toronto Sun:
— Chris Stevenson (@CJ_Stevenson) June 24, 2013
According to Fox Sports, Toews said his removal from Game 5 stemmed from “a couple of hits” that worried Chicago’s coaches and trainers.
It’s likely one of them was this blast from Bruins defenseman Johnny Boychuk midway through the second period:
Toews does have a history of concussions, the latest of which sidelined him for 22 games last season.
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 9
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 1
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 10
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 18
- P.K. Subban: ‘I’m not trying to change the game of hockey’ 21
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker 36
- Report: Johansen, Blue Jackets talking contract 7
- NHL waiting on World Cup announcement, Olympics decision 9
- Leiweke calls out ‘just terrible’ character of certain players in Leafs organization 30
- Crosby: Pens must ‘find a way to get over that hump’ 13
- Will future tweaks be enough to salvage NHL 15? (50)
- This Darcy Kuemper-Minnesota Wild situation doesn’t sound good (40)
- Boychuk doesn’t want to be traded, but has no control over the matter (39)
- The KHL’s really trying to mow Minnesota’s lawn (38)
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker (36)