Jun 24, 2013, 12:30 PM EST
The Blackhawks will have their captain in the lineup for Game 6 of the Stanley Cup Final.
On Monday, Jonathan Toews declared himself fit to return after missing the entire third period of Game 5, saying he felt “100 percent” following today’s morning skate.
Here’s more, from Chris Stevenson of the Toronto Sun:
— Chris Stevenson (@CJ_Stevenson) June 24, 2013
According to Fox Sports, Toews said his removal from Game 5 stemmed from “a couple of hits” that worried Chicago’s coaches and trainers.
It’s likely one of them was this blast from Bruins defenseman Johnny Boychuk midway through the second period:
Toews does have a history of concussions, the latest of which sidelined him for 22 games last season.
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 3
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 14
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 58
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 36
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 16
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 5