Jun 24, 2013, 12:30 PM EDT
The Blackhawks will have their captain in the lineup for Game 6 of the Stanley Cup Final.
On Monday, Jonathan Toews declared himself fit to return after missing the entire third period of Game 5, saying he felt “100 percent” following today’s morning skate.
Here’s more, from Chris Stevenson of the Toronto Sun:
— Chris Stevenson (@CJ_Stevenson) June 24, 2013
According to Fox Sports, Toews said his removal from Game 5 stemmed from “a couple of hits” that worried Chicago’s coaches and trainers.
It’s likely one of them was this blast from Bruins defenseman Johnny Boychuk midway through the second period:
Toews does have a history of concussions, the latest of which sidelined him for 22 games last season.
- Without Shea Weber, Predators can’t contain Hawks in Game 3 0
- Video: Tavares, Islanders take 2-1 series lead with OT win 18
- Watch Live: Predators at Blackhawks 0
- Watch Live: Capitals at Islanders 3
- Sens turn to Anderson for Game 3 5
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 13
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 84
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 68
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 166
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (166)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (84)