Jun 24, 2013, 12:30 PM EDT
The Blackhawks will have their captain in the lineup for Game 6 of the Stanley Cup Final.
On Monday, Jonathan Toews declared himself fit to return after missing the entire third period of Game 5, saying he felt “100 percent” following today’s morning skate.
Here’s more, from Chris Stevenson of the Toronto Sun:
— Chris Stevenson (@CJ_Stevenson) June 24, 2013
According to Fox Sports, Toews said his removal from Game 5 stemmed from “a couple of hits” that worried Chicago’s coaches and trainers.
It’s likely one of them was this blast from Bruins defenseman Johnny Boychuk midway through the second period:
Toews does have a history of concussions, the latest of which sidelined him for 22 games last season.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 16
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 69
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 28
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)