Jun 24, 2013, 9:57 AM EDT
Kaberle inked a three-year, $12,750,000 million deal with the Carolina Hurricanes in the summer of 2011, but he only lasted a matter of months before they decided to trade him to the Montreal Canadiens.
He still ended up with 31 points in 72 games in 2011-12, but with Andrei Markov‘s return from knee problems, Kaberle was the odd man out in 2013. He ended up playing in just 10 contests and recorded three assists.
At one time, Kaberle was a top-tier offensive defenseman. He was selected to four All-Star games as a member of the Toronto Maple Leafs and won the Stanley Cup with Boston in 2011. However, at the age of 35, those days might be behind him.
Still, the upcoming unrestricted free agent market for defenseman will likely be very thin, so it wouldn’t be surprising to see a team take a chance on him if Montreal buys out his contract.
Oct 30, 2014, 7:25 PM EDT
Two big boys land some pretty good shots.
Oct 30, 2014, 7:07 PM EDT
Abdominal injury hits the center once again.
Oct 30, 2014, 6:28 PM EDT
Adds depth as Toronto travels to Columbus.
Oct 30, 2014, 5:24 PM EDT
“I don’t know too many people who jump into the league at 19 (years old) and are playing 22 minutes a night, it just doesn’t really happen.”
Oct 30, 2014, 4:26 PM EDT
Sophomore winger inching closer to a return.
Oct 30, 2014, 4:23 PM EDT
We debate — Buffalo or Carolina?
Oct 30, 2014, 4:01 PM EDT
Played just 5:46 Tuesday in Calgary.
Oct 30, 2014, 3:18 PM EDT
All the news and notes from around the crease…
Oct 30, 2014, 2:40 PM EDT
Which is important, because good defensive teams win Stanley Cups.
Oct 30, 2014, 2:13 PM EDT
For the EIHL’s Belfast Giants.
Oct 30, 2014, 1:52 PM EDT
Just one point in his last five games.
Oct 30, 2014, 1:12 PM EDT
Click for video proof.
Oct 30, 2014, 1:03 PM EDT
St. Louis’ health woes continue.
Oct 30, 2014, 12:52 PM EDT
“So we need to get better or things are going to change around here probably sooner rather than later.”
Oct 30, 2014, 12:32 PM EDT
We should find out after tonight’s game.
Oct 30, 2014, 12:13 PM EDT
Winnipeg’s won three of its last four.
Oct 30, 2014, 12:02 PM EDT
He appeared in 36 games last year.
Oct 30, 2014, 11:51 AM EDT
If you’re curious what a buyout would cost the Wings, click on the post.
Oct 30, 2014, 10:45 AM EDT
Wild still suffering from Monday’s loss to the Rangers.
Oct 30, 2014, 10:29 AM EDT
After playing a man short on Tuesday in Philly.
- Blues lose Backes, Oshie indefinitely to concussions 3
- Struggling Coyotes ‘not anywhere good enough,’ says GM 9
- Red Wings take over third period, blank Ovechkin in win 8
- Video: Doc Emrick’s heartfelt words about Gordie Howe 5
- Rangers’ Moore suspended five games for ‘extremely difficult’ Haula hit 18
- Ovechkin looking to avoid career-long scoring slump tonight 11
- Nolan skates Sabres, says the time for ‘taking it easy is over’ 38
- Report: Gryba, Tropp avoid punishment after getting tossed for hits 6
- What they’re saying about the Sabres (and it’s not good) 23
- NHL on NBCSN: Caps, Red Wings battle after hotly contested 13-14 series 5
- Video: John Moore with an elbow to the head of Erik Haula (Updated) (62)
- Report: Varlamov being sued by ex-girlfriend (47)
- Kreider calls Brodin hit a ‘bang-bang play,’ doesn’t plan to dramatically change his game (45)
- No hearing scheduled for Kreider after Brodin hit (44)
- Kopitar out, Lombardi irate as Kings will play shorthanded vs. Flyers (40)