Jun 24, 2013, 8:59 PM EDT
While the 2013 season broke an impressive run of playoff berths, the Nashville Predators have established themselves as one of the better results of the NHL’s southern expansion.
The Preds came into the league in 1998, so it’s time for the franchise to celebrate its 15th anniversary, which includes this understated logo:
Pretty simple, although the fang through the “V” is a nice touch.
Here’s a quick blurb regarding what the team has planned (you can read the whole thing here):
Throughout the rest of the summer, NashvillePredators.com will be the go-to spot for anniversary information. Starting today in conjunction with the announcement of the Predators’ 2013 draft party at Dave and Busters on Sunday, a three-part Expansion Draft series will be released, with members of the Nashville Predators Hockey Operations Department who were involved in the process, reliving the experience and all that the weekend of June 26-27, 1998 entailed. The Expansion Project will be followed by alumni and historical videos and written features leading up to a special 15th Anniversary website unveil in conjunction with the annual Skate of the Union celebration in September.
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 22
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 5
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 12
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 17