Jun 24, 2013, 8:59 PM EST
While the 2013 season broke an impressive run of playoff berths, the Nashville Predators have established themselves as one of the better results of the NHL’s southern expansion.
The Preds came into the league in 1998, so it’s time for the franchise to celebrate its 15th anniversary, which includes this understated logo:
Pretty simple, although the fang through the “V” is a nice touch.
Here’s a quick blurb regarding what the team has planned (you can read the whole thing here):
Throughout the rest of the summer, NashvillePredators.com will be the go-to spot for anniversary information. Starting today in conjunction with the announcement of the Predators’ 2013 draft party at Dave and Busters on Sunday, a three-part Expansion Draft series will be released, with members of the Nashville Predators Hockey Operations Department who were involved in the process, reliving the experience and all that the weekend of June 26-27, 1998 entailed. The Expansion Project will be followed by alumni and historical videos and written features leading up to a special 15th Anniversary website unveil in conjunction with the annual Skate of the Union celebration in September.
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 58
- Video: Habs’ Emelin ejected for hit on Stars’ Spezza 20
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 41
- Mike Richards clears waivers 32
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 57
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 17
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 127
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 24
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (127)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang (57)