Jun 24, 2013, 8:59 PM EDT
While the 2013 season broke an impressive run of playoff berths, the Nashville Predators have established themselves as one of the better results of the NHL’s southern expansion.
The Preds came into the league in 1998, so it’s time for the franchise to celebrate its 15th anniversary, which includes this understated logo:
Pretty simple, although the fang through the “V” is a nice touch.
Here’s a quick blurb regarding what the team has planned (you can read the whole thing here):
Throughout the rest of the summer, NashvillePredators.com will be the go-to spot for anniversary information. Starting today in conjunction with the announcement of the Predators’ 2013 draft party at Dave and Busters on Sunday, a three-part Expansion Draft series will be released, with members of the Nashville Predators Hockey Operations Department who were involved in the process, reliving the experience and all that the weekend of June 26-27, 1998 entailed. The Expansion Project will be followed by alumni and historical videos and written features leading up to a special 15th Anniversary website unveil in conjunction with the annual Skate of the Union celebration in September.
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 77
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5
- Wild assistant Sydor arrested for suspected drunk driving, child endangerment 30
- It’s Montreal Canadiens day at PHT 14
- Capitals’ biggest question: Is this finally the year? 32