Jun 24, 2013, 8:59 PM EDT
While the 2013 season broke an impressive run of playoff berths, the Nashville Predators have established themselves as one of the better results of the NHL’s southern expansion.
The Preds came into the league in 1998, so it’s time for the franchise to celebrate its 15th anniversary, which includes this understated logo:
Pretty simple, although the fang through the “V” is a nice touch.
Here’s a quick blurb regarding what the team has planned (you can read the whole thing here):
Throughout the rest of the summer, NashvillePredators.com will be the go-to spot for anniversary information. Starting today in conjunction with the announcement of the Predators’ 2013 draft party at Dave and Busters on Sunday, a three-part Expansion Draft series will be released, with members of the Nashville Predators Hockey Operations Department who were involved in the process, reliving the experience and all that the weekend of June 26-27, 1998 entailed. The Expansion Project will be followed by alumni and historical videos and written features leading up to a special 15th Anniversary website unveil in conjunction with the annual Skate of the Union celebration in September.
- Stars win one night after Peverley collapse, give Miller first Blues loss 4
- Crosby, Pens continue recent dominance of Ovechkin, Caps 24
- Terry Trafford’s body found in Michigan on Tuesday 8
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 17
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 60
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 11
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 27
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 19
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (70)
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter (60)