Jun 24, 2013, 8:59 PM EDT
While the 2013 season broke an impressive run of playoff berths, the Nashville Predators have established themselves as one of the better results of the NHL’s southern expansion.
The Preds came into the league in 1998, so it’s time for the franchise to celebrate its 15th anniversary, which includes this understated logo:
Pretty simple, although the fang through the “V” is a nice touch.
Here’s a quick blurb regarding what the team has planned (you can read the whole thing here):
Throughout the rest of the summer, NashvillePredators.com will be the go-to spot for anniversary information. Starting today in conjunction with the announcement of the Predators’ 2013 draft party at Dave and Busters on Sunday, a three-part Expansion Draft series will be released, with members of the Nashville Predators Hockey Operations Department who were involved in the process, reliving the experience and all that the weekend of June 26-27, 1998 entailed. The Expansion Project will be followed by alumni and historical videos and written features leading up to a special 15th Anniversary website unveil in conjunction with the annual Skate of the Union celebration in September.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 46
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 68
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 27
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (68)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)