Jun 24, 2013, 11:05 PM EDT
Patrick Kane didn’t collect a point in the Chicago Blackhawks’ Game 6 stunner, but his hot finish to this postseason earned him his second major individual trophy: the 2013 Conn Smythe.*
Kane scored 19 points, topping all Blackhawks scorers and tying Milan Lucic and Nathan Horton for second overall in the playoffs. (David Krejci amazingly finished atop the postseason with 26, doing so for the second time in three postseasons.)
The 24-year-old distinguished himself among a handful of good Blackhawks candidates, although he thinks that Corey Crawford might have deserved it.
Kane is the third consecutive American player to claim the Conn Smythe, following Jonathan Quick in 2012 and Tim Thomas in 2011.
Perhaps most importantly, he rocked a ridiculous mullet and facial hair (via Getty).
* – He won the Calder Trophy in 2008.
- Blackhawks extend TVR through 2017-18 0
- Good start: McDavid scores five in Oilers scrimmage 12
- Caps ink Kuznetsov to two-year, $6 million extension 9
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 12
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 14
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 37
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14