Jun 24, 2013, 11:05 PM EST
Patrick Kane didn’t collect a point in the Chicago Blackhawks’ Game 6 stunner, but his hot finish to this postseason earned him his second major individual trophy: the 2013 Conn Smythe.*
Kane scored 19 points, topping all Blackhawks scorers and tying Milan Lucic and Nathan Horton for second overall in the playoffs. (David Krejci amazingly finished atop the postseason with 26, doing so for the second time in three postseasons.)
The 24-year-old distinguished himself among a handful of good Blackhawks candidates, although he thinks that Corey Crawford might have deserved it.
Kane is the third consecutive American player to claim the Conn Smythe, following Jonathan Quick in 2012 and Tim Thomas in 2011.
Perhaps most importantly, he rocked a ridiculous mullet and facial hair (via Getty).
* – He won the Calder Trophy in 2008.
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvrith makes Sabres debut 0
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 17
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 33
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 33
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 7
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 47
- Playoff bubble watch — Rangers edition 14
- Video: Emotional day for Martin St. Louis ends in OT loss for Rangers 27
- Video: Caps, Flyers engage in another line brawl 53
- PHT’s 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 28
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Sabres send Miller, Ott to Blues for package including Halak, Stewart (74)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)