Jun 24, 2013, 11:05 PM EDT
Patrick Kane didn’t collect a point in the Chicago Blackhawks’ Game 6 stunner, but his hot finish to this postseason earned him his second major individual trophy: the 2013 Conn Smythe.*
Kane scored 19 points, topping all Blackhawks scorers and tying Milan Lucic and Nathan Horton for second overall in the playoffs. (David Krejci amazingly finished atop the postseason with 26, doing so for the second time in three postseasons.)
The 24-year-old distinguished himself among a handful of good Blackhawks candidates, although he thinks that Corey Crawford might have deserved it.
Kane is the third consecutive American player to claim the Conn Smythe, following Jonathan Quick in 2012 and Tim Thomas in 2011.
Perhaps most importantly, he rocked a ridiculous mullet and facial hair (via Getty).
* – He won the Calder Trophy in 2008.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5