Jun 24, 2013, 11:05 PM EDT
Patrick Kane didn’t collect a point in the Chicago Blackhawks’ Game 6 stunner, but his hot finish to this postseason earned him his second major individual trophy: the 2013 Conn Smythe.*
Kane scored 19 points, topping all Blackhawks scorers and tying Milan Lucic and Nathan Horton for second overall in the playoffs. (David Krejci amazingly finished atop the postseason with 26, doing so for the second time in three postseasons.)
The 24-year-old distinguished himself among a handful of good Blackhawks candidates, although he thinks that Corey Crawford might have deserved it.
Kane is the third consecutive American player to claim the Conn Smythe, following Jonathan Quick in 2012 and Tim Thomas in 2011.
Perhaps most importantly, he rocked a ridiculous mullet and facial hair (via Getty).
* – He won the Calder Trophy in 2008.
- Blues say Center for Disease Control hasn’t been to Scottrade, don’t plan on it coming 4
- Agent: Vanek was not ‘involved’ in money laundering 5
- Even after big changes, Isles still struggling defensively 11
- Back to junior: Sabres return Reinhart to WHL Kootenay 4
- Report: Phone hearing for Burrows, who says hit on Emelin wasn’t late 32
- Video: Burrows catches Emelin with a late hit (Updated) 12
- Report: Thomas Vanek involved in money laundering scandal 36
- Video: Devils (finally) win a shootout 4
- Video: Lucic and Stewart drop the gloves 24
- Blues lose Backes, Oshie indefinitely to concussions 5
- Video: John Moore with an elbow to the head of Erik Haula (Updated) (62)
- Report: Varlamov being sued by ex-girlfriend (47)
- Kreider calls Brodin hit a ‘bang-bang play,’ doesn’t plan to dramatically change his game (46)
- No hearing scheduled for Kreider after Brodin hit (44)
- Kopitar out, Lombardi irate as Kings will play shorthanded vs. Flyers (40)