Jun 24, 2013, 11:05 PM EST
Patrick Kane didn’t collect a point in the Chicago Blackhawks’ Game 6 stunner, but his hot finish to this postseason earned him his second major individual trophy: the 2013 Conn Smythe.*
Kane scored 19 points, topping all Blackhawks scorers and tying Milan Lucic and Nathan Horton for second overall in the playoffs. (David Krejci amazingly finished atop the postseason with 26, doing so for the second time in three postseasons.)
The 24-year-old distinguished himself among a handful of good Blackhawks candidates, although he thinks that Corey Crawford might have deserved it.
Kane is the third consecutive American player to claim the Conn Smythe, following Jonathan Quick in 2012 and Tim Thomas in 2011.
Perhaps most importantly, he rocked a ridiculous mullet and facial hair (via Getty).
* – He won the Calder Trophy in 2008.
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 13
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 31
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 65
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 16
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 82
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Wild need two points from NHL-leading Preds 21
- Video: Potential No. 1 overall pick Connor McDavid goes end-to-end, top shelf 9
- Leafs’ Rielly apologizes for insensitive remarks (86)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Chiarelli understands scrutiny on GM and coach, but says, ‘It’s unfortunate that we’re under review for one year’ (69)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (65)