Jun 24, 2013, 5:36 PM EDT
Butler, 26, was acquired by Florida from Nashville in exchange for T.J. Brennan on June 14. The former University of New Hampshire standout has played with the Senators, Devils and Predators since turning pro in 2009, appearing in 128 career NHL contests while scoring 20 goals.
Selleck, 25, made his NHL debut last season, appearing in two games for the Panthers.
His stint with Florida was largely unremarkable, save for this moment against Carolina where he fought Kevin Westgarth, got KOed, then received a two-game suspension for leaving the bench to start the scrap:
Guess the Panthers liked what they saw.
- Byfuglien to have phone hearing for Miller cross-check 42
- Patrick Kane is practicing today 30
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 33
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 65
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 35
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 9
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 18
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 48
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 22