Jun 24, 2013, 5:36 PM EST
Butler, 26, was acquired by Florida from Nashville in exchange for T.J. Brennan on June 14. The former University of New Hampshire standout has played with the Senators, Devils and Predators since turning pro in 2009, appearing in 128 career NHL contests while scoring 20 goals.
Selleck, 25, made his NHL debut last season, appearing in two games for the Panthers.
His stint with Florida was largely unremarkable, save for this moment against Carolina where he fought Kevin Westgarth, got KOed, then received a two-game suspension for leaving the bench to start the scrap:
Guess the Panthers liked what they saw.
- Daly: Fehr’s lockout prediction ‘naive and uneducated’ 21
- Pens send Downie, Sutter, Greiss home for mumps test (Updated) 13
- The Atlantic Division race is going to be fascinating 20
- Flyers rally as Zepp wins his career debut at 33 years old 22
- Oilers squander three-goal lead, lose 18th time in 19 games 11
- Pickard makes one last bid to stay, beats Wings in nine-round SO 6
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno 45
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 17
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 18
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 9