Jun 24, 2013, 5:36 PM EDT
Butler, 26, was acquired by Florida from Nashville in exchange for T.J. Brennan on June 14. The former University of New Hampshire standout has played with the Senators, Devils and Predators since turning pro in 2009, appearing in 128 career NHL contests while scoring 20 goals.
Selleck, 25, made his NHL debut last season, appearing in two games for the Panthers.
His stint with Florida was largely unremarkable, save for this moment against Carolina where he fought Kevin Westgarth, got KOed, then received a two-game suspension for leaving the bench to start the scrap:
Guess the Panthers liked what they saw.
- Red-hot Quick sets new Kings’ franchise shutout record 1
- Reports: Chara could miss at least 4-6 weeks with knee injury 5
- Video: Red Wings’ stars stun Penguins with late surge 9
- Report: Isles’ Bailey out indefinitely after breaking hand 1
- Dale Hunter: Ovechkin isn’t going to win the Selke, but he’s ‘coachable’ 13
- Voynov case: D.A. wants ‘additional follow-up’ from police before deciding on charges 20
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins 82
- Video: Pittsburgh pays tribute to Ottawa tragedy with O Canada rendition 15
- Video: McKenzie talks latest from Ottawa shootings, Voynov investigation 0
- WATCH LIVE: Pittsburgh vs. Philly on Rivalry Night 3
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)