Jun 24, 2013, 5:36 PM EDT
Butler, 26, was acquired by Florida from Nashville in exchange for T.J. Brennan on June 14. The former University of New Hampshire standout has played with the Senators, Devils and Predators since turning pro in 2009, appearing in 128 career NHL contests while scoring 20 goals.
Selleck, 25, made his NHL debut last season, appearing in two games for the Panthers.
His stint with Florida was largely unremarkable, save for this moment against Carolina where he fought Kevin Westgarth, got KOed, then received a two-game suspension for leaving the bench to start the scrap:
Guess the Panthers liked what they saw.
- NHL on NBCSN: Hungry Flyers set sights on rival Penguins 0
- Video: Raanta shuts out flat Flyers in emergency start 2
- Video: Flyers’ Jones lays out Smith, called for charging 7
- Video: Islanders’ Hickey cut after taking a skate to the face 1
- (Video) McKenzie: NHLPA ‘entirely on board’ with Voynov suspension 9
- If allegations are true, will Kings welcome Voynov back into their ‘special’ group? 34
- Rutherford on Fleury: ‘As long as I’m the GM, he’ll be our goalie’ 16
- Datsyuk will play tonight in Montreal 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers take on ‘Hawks in Chicago 9
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 30
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)