Jun 24, 2013, 5:36 PM EST
Butler, 26, was acquired by Florida from Nashville in exchange for T.J. Brennan on June 14. The former University of New Hampshire standout has played with the Senators, Devils and Predators since turning pro in 2009, appearing in 128 career NHL contests while scoring 20 goals.
Selleck, 25, made his NHL debut last season, appearing in two games for the Panthers.
His stint with Florida was largely unremarkable, save for this moment against Carolina where he fought Kevin Westgarth, got KOed, then received a two-game suspension for leaving the bench to start the scrap:
Guess the Panthers liked what they saw.
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 5
- Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 39
- Bettman: No decision on expansion, but they’re listening 12
- Neal admits kneeing Marchand was ‘not the smartest decision’ 68
- Leafs captain Phaneuf suspended two games for boarding 37
- Rangers confirm Staal suffered concussion 8
- Winnipeg to get outdoor game; Phoenix wants one 33
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 156
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 104
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 136
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (136)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)