Jun 24, 2013, 12:10 PM EST
In English, Claude Julien is fairly confident Patrice Bergeron will suit up for the Bruins tonight in Game 6 of the Stanley Cup Final.
In French, he’s sure of it.
That was the story out of Boston this morning following the morning skate — during the French portion of his media availability, Julien apparently told reporters that Bergeron, injured and hospitalized during Game 5, will be in the Bruins lineup tonight:
“L’important c’est qu’il va jouer ce soir”, a échappé Claude Julien en français au sujet de Bergeron.
— Marc Antoine Godin (@MAGodin) June 24, 2013
So Claude Julien just told my french colleagues in BOS P.Bergeron is in tonite. Merci Claude! — Richard Labbé (@Richardlabbe) June 24, 2013
Translated: “Patrice will play tonight. That’s my feeling.” MT @JoBern: Julien:”Patrice va jouer ce soir. C’est mon feeling.”
— Arpon Basu (@ArponBasu) June 24, 2013
Obviously, there’s a translation issue at play, as well as the inflection of language. But in the English portion of his presser, Julien said he was confident Bergeron would play — “Patrice will dress for warm-up tonight, and I’m feeling confident that he’ll play,” was the exact quote — so it’s a pretty safe bet No. 37 will be between Brad Marchand and Jaromir Jagr when puck drops at 8 p.m. ET tonight.
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 5
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 7
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 10
- Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 27
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)