Jun 24, 2013, 12:10 PM EDT
In English, Claude Julien is fairly confident Patrice Bergeron will suit up for the Bruins tonight in Game 6 of the Stanley Cup Final.
In French, he’s sure of it.
That was the story out of Boston this morning following the morning skate — during the French portion of his media availability, Julien apparently told reporters that Bergeron, injured and hospitalized during Game 5, will be in the Bruins lineup tonight:
“L’important c’est qu’il va jouer ce soir”, a échappé Claude Julien en français au sujet de Bergeron.
— Marc Antoine Godin (@MAGodin) June 24, 2013
So Claude Julien just told my french colleagues in BOS P.Bergeron is in tonite. Merci Claude! — Richard Labbé (@Richardlabbe) June 24, 2013
Translated: “Patrice will play tonight. That’s my feeling.” MT @JoBern: Julien:”Patrice va jouer ce soir. C’est mon feeling.”
— Arpon Basu (@ArponBasu) June 24, 2013
Obviously, there’s a translation issue at play, as well as the inflection of language. But in the English portion of his presser, Julien said he was confident Bergeron would play — “Patrice will dress for warm-up tonight, and I’m feeling confident that he’ll play,” was the exact quote — so it’s a pretty safe bet No. 37 will be between Brad Marchand and Jaromir Jagr when puck drops at 8 p.m. ET tonight.
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 12
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 11
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 39
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 16
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 7
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 6
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 1
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 49
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)