Jun 24, 2013, 12:10 PM EDT
In English, Claude Julien is fairly confident Patrice Bergeron will suit up for the Bruins tonight in Game 6 of the Stanley Cup Final.
In French, he’s sure of it.
That was the story out of Boston this morning following the morning skate — during the French portion of his media availability, Julien apparently told reporters that Bergeron, injured and hospitalized during Game 5, will be in the Bruins lineup tonight:
“L’important c’est qu’il va jouer ce soir”, a échappé Claude Julien en français au sujet de Bergeron.
— Marc Antoine Godin (@MAGodin) June 24, 2013
So Claude Julien just told my french colleagues in BOS P.Bergeron is in tonite. Merci Claude! — Richard Labbé (@Richardlabbe) June 24, 2013
Translated: “Patrice will play tonight. That’s my feeling.” MT @JoBern: Julien:”Patrice va jouer ce soir. C’est mon feeling.”
— Arpon Basu (@ArponBasu) June 24, 2013
Obviously, there’s a translation issue at play, as well as the inflection of language. But in the English portion of his presser, Julien said he was confident Bergeron would play — “Patrice will dress for warm-up tonight, and I’m feeling confident that he’ll play,” was the exact quote — so it’s a pretty safe bet No. 37 will be between Brad Marchand and Jaromir Jagr when puck drops at 8 p.m. ET tonight.
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 41
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 24
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 10
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)