Jun 24, 2013, 12:10 PM EDT
In English, Claude Julien is fairly confident Patrice Bergeron will suit up for the Bruins tonight in Game 6 of the Stanley Cup Final.
In French, he’s sure of it.
That was the story out of Boston this morning following the morning skate — during the French portion of his media availability, Julien apparently told reporters that Bergeron, injured and hospitalized during Game 5, will be in the Bruins lineup tonight:
“L’important c’est qu’il va jouer ce soir”, a échappé Claude Julien en français au sujet de Bergeron.
— Marc Antoine Godin (@MAGodin) June 24, 2013
So Claude Julien just told my french colleagues in BOS P.Bergeron is in tonite. Merci Claude! — Richard Labbé (@Richardlabbe) June 24, 2013
Translated: “Patrice will play tonight. That’s my feeling.” MT @JoBern: Julien:”Patrice va jouer ce soir. C’est mon feeling.”
— Arpon Basu (@ArponBasu) June 24, 2013
Obviously, there’s a translation issue at play, as well as the inflection of language. But in the English portion of his presser, Julien said he was confident Bergeron would play — “Patrice will dress for warm-up tonight, and I’m feeling confident that he’ll play,” was the exact quote — so it’s a pretty safe bet No. 37 will be between Brad Marchand and Jaromir Jagr when puck drops at 8 p.m. ET tonight.
- WATCH LIVE: Washington Capitals at Pittsburgh Penguins 0
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 11
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 51
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 11
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 26
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 18
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 8
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 25
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (62)