Jun 24, 2013, 9:18 PM EDT
The Chicago Blackhawks and Boston Bruins came into Game 6 with significant injuries. The ailments only piled up some more during a first period that the Bruins dominated.
Subtler bumps and bruises have taken place, possibly leaving important players on the mend.
Jaromir Jagr took a few hits (including noted ones from Brent Seabrook and Dave Bolland) and left midway through the first period. He didn’t return to the bench during the opening frame after leaving for the locker room following an abbreviated power-play shift.
Finally, Blackhawks defenseman Niklas Hjalmarsson left late in the first and appeared to be banged-up, too.
An intermission gives all three players a chance to return either in the second period or at some point later in the contest. Of course, there’s also a chance that one or more of them will be sidelined for the rest of the contest. We’ll just have to wait and see.
Update: Shaw is toughing it out with a beaten-up face. Jagr returned to the locker room after one shift (where he got tangled up with Patrick Kane). It looks like Hjalmarsson seems good enough to play, himself.
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 2
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 11
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 29
- Bruins sign Beleskey for five years, despite some warning signs 40
- Kessel trade shows Leafs are trying to ‘build this thing the right way’ 26
- Green signs with Red Wings — 3 years, $18 million 24
- ‘It’s hard to find players like Phil Kessel’ 39
- Kassian traded to Habs for Prust; Hodgson signs with Preds 17
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins 131
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)