Jun 24, 2013, 9:18 PM EST
The Chicago Blackhawks and Boston Bruins came into Game 6 with significant injuries. The ailments only piled up some more during a first period that the Bruins dominated.
Subtler bumps and bruises have taken place, possibly leaving important players on the mend.
Jaromir Jagr took a few hits (including noted ones from Brent Seabrook and Dave Bolland) and left midway through the first period. He didn’t return to the bench during the opening frame after leaving for the locker room following an abbreviated power-play shift.
Finally, Blackhawks defenseman Niklas Hjalmarsson left late in the first and appeared to be banged-up, too.
An intermission gives all three players a chance to return either in the second period or at some point later in the contest. Of course, there’s also a chance that one or more of them will be sidelined for the rest of the contest. We’ll just have to wait and see.
Update: Shaw is toughing it out with a beaten-up face. Jagr returned to the locker room after one shift (where he got tangled up with Patrick Kane). It looks like Hjalmarsson seems good enough to play, himself.
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 154
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 98
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 120
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 15
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 90
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 88
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 69
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (154)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (128)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (120)
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller (98)