Jun 24, 2013, 9:18 PM EDT
The Chicago Blackhawks and Boston Bruins came into Game 6 with significant injuries. The ailments only piled up some more during a first period that the Bruins dominated.
Subtler bumps and bruises have taken place, possibly leaving important players on the mend.
Jaromir Jagr took a few hits (including noted ones from Brent Seabrook and Dave Bolland) and left midway through the first period. He didn’t return to the bench during the opening frame after leaving for the locker room following an abbreviated power-play shift.
Finally, Blackhawks defenseman Niklas Hjalmarsson left late in the first and appeared to be banged-up, too.
An intermission gives all three players a chance to return either in the second period or at some point later in the contest. Of course, there’s also a chance that one or more of them will be sidelined for the rest of the contest. We’ll just have to wait and see.
Update: Shaw is toughing it out with a beaten-up face. Jagr returned to the locker room after one shift (where he got tangled up with Patrick Kane). It looks like Hjalmarsson seems good enough to play, himself.
- On carrying three goalies, and which teams might be forced to do it 2
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry’ 8
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 32
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 8
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 44
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 16
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 19
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers (44)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)