Jun 24, 2013, 9:18 PM EDT
The Chicago Blackhawks and Boston Bruins came into Game 6 with significant injuries. The ailments only piled up some more during a first period that the Bruins dominated.
Subtler bumps and bruises have taken place, possibly leaving important players on the mend.
Jaromir Jagr took a few hits (including noted ones from Brent Seabrook and Dave Bolland) and left midway through the first period. He didn’t return to the bench during the opening frame after leaving for the locker room following an abbreviated power-play shift.
Finally, Blackhawks defenseman Niklas Hjalmarsson left late in the first and appeared to be banged-up, too.
An intermission gives all three players a chance to return either in the second period or at some point later in the contest. Of course, there’s also a chance that one or more of them will be sidelined for the rest of the contest. We’ll just have to wait and see.
Update: Shaw is toughing it out with a beaten-up face. Jagr returned to the locker room after one shift (where he got tangled up with Patrick Kane). It looks like Hjalmarsson seems good enough to play, himself.
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 8
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 31
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 16
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 5
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 5
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 0
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 49
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 11
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)