Jun 24, 2013, 9:18 PM EDT
The Chicago Blackhawks and Boston Bruins came into Game 6 with significant injuries. The ailments only piled up some more during a first period that the Bruins dominated.
Subtler bumps and bruises have taken place, possibly leaving important players on the mend.
Jaromir Jagr took a few hits (including noted ones from Brent Seabrook and Dave Bolland) and left midway through the first period. He didn’t return to the bench during the opening frame after leaving for the locker room following an abbreviated power-play shift.
Finally, Blackhawks defenseman Niklas Hjalmarsson left late in the first and appeared to be banged-up, too.
An intermission gives all three players a chance to return either in the second period or at some point later in the contest. Of course, there’s also a chance that one or more of them will be sidelined for the rest of the contest. We’ll just have to wait and see.
Update: Shaw is toughing it out with a beaten-up face. Jagr returned to the locker room after one shift (where he got tangled up with Patrick Kane). It looks like Hjalmarsson seems good enough to play, himself.
- Holland doesn’t see Babcock deal by start of season 1
- Risk Factors: Pittsburgh Penguins edition 3
- PHT Morning Skate: Flyers bringing back Ice Girls 5
- Dillon’s agent: Discussions with Stars are ‘frustrating and disappointing’ 7
- NHL shoots down Tkachev’s contract with Edmonton 9
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 6
- Johansen, Blue Jackets talks haven’t just resumed, they’re ‘very polite’ 14
- Speedy recovery: Giroux (lower body) to play vs. Rangers tonight 12
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 13
- Hello Johansen? Boone Jenner out with broken hand 5
- Jordan Subban has ‘moved on’ after ‘unfortunate’ photo caption by Vancouver papers (52)
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Sabres’ Nolan, Avalanche don’t believe in analytics (32)
- Ouch: Datsyuk (separated shoulder) out 4-5 weeks (27)
- Spooner scores, but coach Julien’s not happy (23)