Jun 24, 2013, 10:57 PM EDT
The Boston Bruins advanced beyond the first round with a stunning late scoring barrage. They saw their season end when the opposite happened, as the Chicago Blackhawks scored two goals in 17 seconds to win 3-2, taking the Stanley Cup on Monday.
In a word: wow.
Let’s try to discuss this despite our minds being collectively blown.
- The Conn Smythe winner will be announced soon. Who deserves it in your mind, though?
- Well, what a game for Jonathan Toews. He scored a goal and collected an assist when it wasn’t even clear that he would play.
- How much money did Bryan Bickell make with the game-tying goal and this playoff run, in general?
- Do Toronto Maple Leafs fans feel better after seeing Boston suffer a similarly stunning fate or do they just want to be left alone?
- Uh, what happened? We’re all just picking up the pieces. Where does this game rank in the craziest endings from the 2013 playoffs? What about all-time
- Happy now? Kessel dropped 13 lbs. this summer 10
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 8
- Update: Multiple witnesses reportedly subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 33
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 24
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)