Jun 24, 2013, 10:57 PM EDT
The Boston Bruins advanced beyond the first round with a stunning late scoring barrage. They saw their season end when the opposite happened, as the Chicago Blackhawks scored two goals in 17 seconds to win 3-2, taking the Stanley Cup on Monday.
In a word: wow.
Let’s try to discuss this despite our minds being collectively blown.
- The Conn Smythe winner will be announced soon. Who deserves it in your mind, though?
- Well, what a game for Jonathan Toews. He scored a goal and collected an assist when it wasn’t even clear that he would play.
- How much money did Bryan Bickell make with the game-tying goal and this playoff run, in general?
- Do Toronto Maple Leafs fans feel better after seeing Boston suffer a similarly stunning fate or do they just want to be left alone?
- Uh, what happened? We’re all just picking up the pieces. Where does this game rank in the craziest endings from the 2013 playoffs? What about all-time
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 9
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 34
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 27
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 14
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 30
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6