Jun 24, 2013, 10:57 PM EDT
The Boston Bruins advanced beyond the first round with a stunning late scoring barrage. They saw their season end when the opposite happened, as the Chicago Blackhawks scored two goals in 17 seconds to win 3-2, taking the Stanley Cup on Monday.
In a word: wow.
Let’s try to discuss this despite our minds being collectively blown.
- The Conn Smythe winner will be announced soon. Who deserves it in your mind, though?
- Well, what a game for Jonathan Toews. He scored a goal and collected an assist when it wasn’t even clear that he would play.
- How much money did Bryan Bickell make with the game-tying goal and this playoff run, in general?
- Do Toronto Maple Leafs fans feel better after seeing Boston suffer a similarly stunning fate or do they just want to be left alone?
- Uh, what happened? We’re all just picking up the pieces. Where does this game rank in the craziest endings from the 2013 playoffs? What about all-time
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 10
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 12
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 11
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 74
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 28
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)