Jun 24, 2013, 10:57 PM EST
The Boston Bruins advanced beyond the first round with a stunning late scoring barrage. They saw their season end when the opposite happened, as the Chicago Blackhawks scored two goals in 17 seconds to win 3-2, taking the Stanley Cup on Monday.
In a word: wow.
Let’s try to discuss this despite our minds being collectively blown.
- The Conn Smythe winner will be announced soon. Who deserves it in your mind, though?
- Well, what a game for Jonathan Toews. He scored a goal and collected an assist when it wasn’t even clear that he would play.
- How much money did Bryan Bickell make with the game-tying goal and this playoff run, in general?
- Do Toronto Maple Leafs fans feel better after seeing Boston suffer a similarly stunning fate or do they just want to be left alone?
- Uh, what happened? We’re all just picking up the pieces. Where does this game rank in the craziest endings from the 2013 playoffs? What about all-time
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 0
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 35
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 2
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 14
- Criticism spreads to GM Lou Lamoriello after Devils fire DeBoer 10
- Eichel earns assist and scores in shootout as U.S. squeaks by Finland 2
- Canada enters World Juniors as 11/10 favorite; USA next at 9/4 5
- Devils fire DeBoer 21
- More mumps: Downie and Greiss test positive 7
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)