Jun 24, 2013, 10:57 PM EDT
The Boston Bruins advanced beyond the first round with a stunning late scoring barrage. They saw their season end when the opposite happened, as the Chicago Blackhawks scored two goals in 17 seconds to win 3-2, taking the Stanley Cup on Monday.
In a word: wow.
Let’s try to discuss this despite our minds being collectively blown.
- The Conn Smythe winner will be announced soon. Who deserves it in your mind, though?
- Well, what a game for Jonathan Toews. He scored a goal and collected an assist when it wasn’t even clear that he would play.
- How much money did Bryan Bickell make with the game-tying goal and this playoff run, in general?
- Do Toronto Maple Leafs fans feel better after seeing Boston suffer a similarly stunning fate or do they just want to be left alone?
- Uh, what happened? We’re all just picking up the pieces. Where does this game rank in the craziest endings from the 2013 playoffs? What about all-time
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 0
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 8
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 4
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 24
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 9
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 8
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 28
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)