Jun 24, 2013, 11:43 PM EDT
With the 2013 Stanley Cup Final over, the injury updates are going from humorously vague to mostly honest.
Update: Tyler Seguin told NHL.com’s Shawn Roarke that Bergeron also had some kind of nose injury (broken perhaps)? So maybe “body” injury really was appropriate?
The 27-year-old gutted out Game 6, although it was clear that he wasn’t at 100 percent. Impressively, he logged 17:45 minutes of ice time, so it’s not like Claude Julien kept him stapled to the bench.
Naturally, he wasn’t the only injured player. Joel Quenneville admitted that Jonathan Toews got his “bell rung” while CSNChicago.com’s Tracey Myers reports that a disc in Marian Hossa‘s back was hitting a nerve, causing some numbness in one of his legs.
There are likely to be more injury revelations in the next hours-to-days, but the mantra holds true once more: hockey players are really tough.
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 17
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 9
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 9
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 5
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 18
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 25
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 18
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 54