Jun 24, 2013, 11:43 PM EDT
With the 2013 Stanley Cup Final over, the injury updates are going from humorously vague to mostly honest.
Update: Tyler Seguin told NHL.com’s Shawn Roarke that Bergeron also had some kind of nose injury (broken perhaps)? So maybe “body” injury really was appropriate?
The 27-year-old gutted out Game 6, although it was clear that he wasn’t at 100 percent. Impressively, he logged 17:45 minutes of ice time, so it’s not like Claude Julien kept him stapled to the bench.
Naturally, he wasn’t the only injured player. Joel Quenneville admitted that Jonathan Toews got his “bell rung” while CSNChicago.com’s Tracey Myers reports that a disc in Marian Hossa‘s back was hitting a nerve, causing some numbness in one of his legs.
There are likely to be more injury revelations in the next hours-to-days, but the mantra holds true once more: hockey players are really tough.
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 20
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 54
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)