Jun 24, 2013, 11:43 PM EST
With the 2013 Stanley Cup Final over, the injury updates are going from humorously vague to mostly honest.
Update: Tyler Seguin told NHL.com’s Shawn Roarke that Bergeron also had some kind of nose injury (broken perhaps)? So maybe “body” injury really was appropriate?
The 27-year-old gutted out Game 6, although it was clear that he wasn’t at 100 percent. Impressively, he logged 17:45 minutes of ice time, so it’s not like Claude Julien kept him stapled to the bench.
Naturally, he wasn’t the only injured player. Joel Quenneville admitted that Jonathan Toews got his “bell rung” while CSNChicago.com’s Tracey Myers reports that a disc in Marian Hossa‘s back was hitting a nerve, causing some numbness in one of his legs.
There are likely to be more injury revelations in the next hours-to-days, but the mantra holds true once more: hockey players are really tough.
- Miller’s second straight shutout puts Canucks in NHL lead 15
- Video: Ennis fires behind his back while falling, scores 3
- Video: Hjalmarsson crushes Kesler, Lindholm scores in wild sequence (Updated) 6
- Trade: Ducks get Brewer from Lightning; Beauchemin out 4-6 weeks 2
- Thanksgiving Shutdown: Rangers blank listless Flyers for second time this season 25
- Video: Martin St. Louis scores goal for 1,000th point 2
- Actual video proof that Brodeur is practicing with the Blues 5
- Return of the Mac: Rangers captain McDonagh in today vs. Flyers 3
- NHL on NBC: Rangers vs. Flyers in a Thanksgiving Showdown 2
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Report: Perron’s name comes up as Oilers seek trade for ‘top center’ (45)
- Video: Bruins see two goals waved off (44)
- Isles make some history; Are the Flyers headed for trouble? (43)