Jun 24, 2013, 11:43 PM EST
With the 2013 Stanley Cup Final over, the injury updates are going from humorously vague to mostly honest.
Update: Tyler Seguin told NHL.com’s Shawn Roarke that Bergeron also had some kind of nose injury (broken perhaps)? So maybe “body” injury really was appropriate?
The 27-year-old gutted out Game 6, although it was clear that he wasn’t at 100 percent. Impressively, he logged 17:45 minutes of ice time, so it’s not like Claude Julien kept him stapled to the bench.
Naturally, he wasn’t the only injured player. Joel Quenneville admitted that Jonathan Toews got his “bell rung” while CSNChicago.com’s Tracey Myers reports that a disc in Marian Hossa‘s back was hitting a nerve, causing some numbness in one of his legs.
There are likely to be more injury revelations in the next hours-to-days, but the mantra holds true once more: hockey players are really tough.
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 17
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 82
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (68)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)