Jun 24, 2013, 11:43 PM EDT
With the 2013 Stanley Cup Final over, the injury updates are going from humorously vague to mostly honest.
Update: Tyler Seguin told NHL.com’s Shawn Roarke that Bergeron also had some kind of nose injury (broken perhaps)? So maybe “body” injury really was appropriate?
The 27-year-old gutted out Game 6, although it was clear that he wasn’t at 100 percent. Impressively, he logged 17:45 minutes of ice time, so it’s not like Claude Julien kept him stapled to the bench.
Naturally, he wasn’t the only injured player. Joel Quenneville admitted that Jonathan Toews got his “bell rung” while CSNChicago.com’s Tracey Myers reports that a disc in Marian Hossa‘s back was hitting a nerve, causing some numbness in one of his legs.
There are likely to be more injury revelations in the next hours-to-days, but the mantra holds true once more: hockey players are really tough.
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 8
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 6
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 27
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 44
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 35
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 20