Jun 23, 2013, 9:15 PM EDT
It sounds like Mike Komisarek’s days with the Toronto Maple Leafs might come to a merciful end this summer.
The embattled blueliner has one year remaining on a contract that carries a $4.5 million cap hit (the Maple Leafs are probably pleased that his 2013-14 salary is only $3.5 million).
Continuing to pay that kind of freight for a guy who played just four regular season games for Toronto in 2013 – and 50 in the last two seasons combined – seems a bit much. That’s especially true with Dave Nonis clearly making waves as a still-new GM.
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 19
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 30
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 26
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (44)