Jun 23, 2013, 9:15 PM EDT
It sounds like Mike Komisarek’s days with the Toronto Maple Leafs might come to a merciful end this summer.
The embattled blueliner has one year remaining on a contract that carries a $4.5 million cap hit (the Maple Leafs are probably pleased that his 2013-14 salary is only $3.5 million).
Continuing to pay that kind of freight for a guy who played just four regular season games for Toronto in 2013 – and 50 in the last two seasons combined – seems a bit much. That’s especially true with Dave Nonis clearly making waves as a still-new GM.
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 7
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 22
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 7
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 13
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 47
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 21
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22