Jun 23, 2013, 9:15 PM EST
It sounds like Mike Komisarek’s days with the Toronto Maple Leafs might come to a merciful end this summer.
The embattled blueliner has one year remaining on a contract that carries a $4.5 million cap hit (the Maple Leafs are probably pleased that his 2013-14 salary is only $3.5 million).
Continuing to pay that kind of freight for a guy who played just four regular season games for Toronto in 2013 – and 50 in the last two seasons combined – seems a bit much. That’s especially true with Dave Nonis clearly making waves as a still-new GM.
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 32
- Mike Richards clears waivers 31
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 14
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 54
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 16
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 123
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 24
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 17
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 33
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (123)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)