Jun 23, 2013, 9:15 PM EDT
It sounds like Mike Komisarek’s days with the Toronto Maple Leafs might come to a merciful end this summer.
The embattled blueliner has one year remaining on a contract that carries a $4.5 million cap hit (the Maple Leafs are probably pleased that his 2013-14 salary is only $3.5 million).
Continuing to pay that kind of freight for a guy who played just four regular season games for Toronto in 2013 – and 50 in the last two seasons combined – seems a bit much. That’s especially true with Dave Nonis clearly making waves as a still-new GM.
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 0
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 69
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 34
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 6
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 12
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 41
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 20
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 13
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 63