Jun 23, 2013, 9:15 PM EDT
It sounds like Mike Komisarek’s days with the Toronto Maple Leafs might come to a merciful end this summer.
The embattled blueliner has one year remaining on a contract that carries a $4.5 million cap hit (the Maple Leafs are probably pleased that his 2013-14 salary is only $3.5 million).
Continuing to pay that kind of freight for a guy who played just four regular season games for Toronto in 2013 – and 50 in the last two seasons combined – seems a bit much. That’s especially true with Dave Nonis clearly making waves as a still-new GM.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5
- Wild assistant Sydor arrested for suspected drunk driving, child endangerment 30