Jun 23, 2013, 10:44 AM EDT
Johnny Boychuk can stop holding his breath.
Midway through the second period, Boychuk caught Toews cutting across the middle of the attack zone with a hard hit up high. The hit appeared to initially catch Toews in his shoulder and ride up into his head. Toews sat on the bench for most of the third period but did not play following the hit leading many to believe he suffered a head injury.
As it is, Toews is listed as having an upper body injury and coach Joel Quenneville is hopeful he’ll play in Monday’s Game 6.
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 29
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 9
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 38
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 21
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)