Jun 23, 2013, 10:44 AM EDT
Johnny Boychuk can stop holding his breath.
Midway through the second period, Boychuk caught Toews cutting across the middle of the attack zone with a hard hit up high. The hit appeared to initially catch Toews in his shoulder and ride up into his head. Toews sat on the bench for most of the third period but did not play following the hit leading many to believe he suffered a head injury.
As it is, Toews is listed as having an upper body injury and coach Joel Quenneville is hopeful he’ll play in Monday’s Game 6.
- Ducks silence Winnipeg’s whiteout crowd with OT win, push Jets to brink of elimination 21
- Video: Wild chase the Blues away to take series lead 39
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead 90
- Video: Jets fans celebrate return of playoff hockey with whiteout in Winnipeg 5
- Burrows’ instigator suspension rescinded, allowed to play Game 4 24
- No hearing scheduled for Hamhuis after Bennett headshot 13
- Sharks and McLellan have ‘mutually agreed’ to part ways 50
- Desperate Jets will ‘lean on’ their crowd tonight 20
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 16
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (172)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (95)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (90)