Jun 23, 2013, 10:44 AM EDT
Johnny Boychuk can stop holding his breath.
Midway through the second period, Boychuk caught Toews cutting across the middle of the attack zone with a hard hit up high. The hit appeared to initially catch Toews in his shoulder and ride up into his head. Toews sat on the bench for most of the third period but did not play following the hit leading many to believe he suffered a head injury.
As it is, Toews is listed as having an upper body injury and coach Joel Quenneville is hopeful he’ll play in Monday’s Game 6.
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 21
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 16
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 27
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 61
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 61
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 52
- Report: Leafs sign Franson to one year, $3.3 million deal 8
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M 58
- Report: Blue Jackets, Johansen make ‘significant progress’ toward deal 5
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (65)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)