Jun 23, 2013, 3:57 PM EDT
Boston’s Patrice Bergeron was able to escape the hospital last night and fly home with the Bruins today after being hurt in Game 5. So just what is wrong with arguably their most important forward? Claude Julien is being cheeky about that.
Julien met with reporters today in Boston and did nothing to clear up what Bergeron’s injury is.
“He’s day-to-day,” he said. “Isn’t that good enough? Day-to-day. [It’s] a body injury.”
Ah yes, the mysterious “body injury,” the same ailment Vancouver’s Cory Schneider dealt with in the first-round of the playoffs. Julien expanded a bit more and threw in a compliment for rookie Carl Soderberg.
“What does day-to-day mean? I don’t know if he’ll skate [Monday morning]. He may, and that’s what day-to-day is. I’m trying to be as clear as I can here. At the same time, I like Soderberg’s game. Anybody who knows that this guy hadn’t played in two months and played the way he did should be impressed. I know I was. He had good jump. He had no fear.”
All this means is we’ll be watching closely tomorrow to see if Bergeron hits the ice for morning skate and then again in pregame warm-ups.
Sep 4, 2015, 12:18 PM EDT
She’s reportedly scheduled to appear before a grand jury on Sept. 8.
Sep 4, 2015, 11:47 AM EDT
He’s recovering from a broken right wrist.
Sep 4, 2015, 11:45 AM EDT
A summer of change provides “a fresh start.”
Sep 4, 2015, 10:15 AM EDT
Less (or at least delayed) competition for Ben Bishop.
Sep 4, 2015, 9:30 AM EDT
He didn’t play beyond Feb. 25.
Sep 4, 2015, 8:00 AM EDT
Friday’s collection of links.
Sep 3, 2015, 10:46 PM EDT
He might serve on the Capitals’ third defensive pairing.
Sep 3, 2015, 9:20 PM EDT
He was Arizona’s second pick of the draft after Dylan Strome.
Sep 3, 2015, 7:52 PM EDT
Kane is under a police investigation.
Sep 3, 2015, 7:25 PM EDT
They took him under custody from jail and now he’s awaiting a hearing with an immigration judge.
Sep 3, 2015, 6:25 PM EDT
Can he find a role with the Flames given their deep blueline?
Sep 3, 2015, 4:57 PM EDT
“Antti was frustrated after Chicago send him [a] second time [to the] AHL and he told me truly how he felt.”
Sep 3, 2015, 3:25 PM EDT
His availability for the season opener is in doubt.
Sep 3, 2015, 2:03 PM EDT
Bruins d-man is using them as motivation for a bounce-back campaign.
Sep 3, 2015, 1:02 PM EDT
This should be good.
Sep 3, 2015, 11:42 AM EDT
Where he worked with — wait for it — current Minnesota starter Devan Dubnyk.
Sep 3, 2015, 10:53 AM EDT
In a shocking development, “money and term” are the sticking points.
Sep 3, 2015, 10:03 AM EDT
He could face up to five years in prison.
Sep 3, 2015, 9:00 AM EDT
It would mark a record for the sale of a U.S.-based NHL team.
Sep 3, 2015, 8:00 AM EDT
Thursday’s collection of links.
- Lightning’s Vasilevskiy out 2-3 months after getting blood clot removed 5
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 24
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)