Jun 23, 2013, 3:57 PM EST
Boston’s Patrice Bergeron was able to escape the hospital last night and fly home with the Bruins today after being hurt in Game 5. So just what is wrong with arguably their most important forward? Claude Julien is being cheeky about that.
Julien met with reporters today in Boston and did nothing to clear up what Bergeron’s injury is.
“He’s day-to-day,” he said. “Isn’t that good enough? Day-to-day. [It’s] a body injury.”
Ah yes, the mysterious “body injury,” the same ailment Vancouver’s Cory Schneider dealt with in the first-round of the playoffs. Julien expanded a bit more and threw in a compliment for rookie Carl Soderberg.
“What does day-to-day mean? I don’t know if he’ll skate [Monday morning]. He may, and that’s what day-to-day is. I’m trying to be as clear as I can here. At the same time, I like Soderberg’s game. Anybody who knows that this guy hadn’t played in two months and played the way he did should be impressed. I know I was. He had good jump. He had no fear.”
All this means is we’ll be watching closely tomorrow to see if Bergeron hits the ice for morning skate and then again in pregame warm-ups.
- Video: Hjalmarsson crushes Kesler, Lindholm scores in wild sequence (Updated) 2
- Trade: Ducks get Brewer from Lightning; Beauchemin out 4-6 weeks 0
- Thanksgiving Shutdown: Rangers blank listless Flyers for second time this season 13
- Video: Martin St. Louis scores goal for 1,000th point 1
- Actual video proof that Brodeur is practicing with the Blues 4
- Return of the Mac: Rangers captain McDonagh in today vs. Flyers 2
- NHL on NBC: Rangers vs. Flyers in a Thanksgiving Showdown 2
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 27
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 8
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch (46)