Jun 23, 2013, 3:57 PM EDT
Boston’s Patrice Bergeron was able to escape the hospital last night and fly home with the Bruins today after being hurt in Game 5. So just what is wrong with arguably their most important forward? Claude Julien is being cheeky about that.
Julien met with reporters today in Boston and did nothing to clear up what Bergeron’s injury is.
“He’s day-to-day,” he said. “Isn’t that good enough? Day-to-day. [It's] a body injury.”
Ah yes, the mysterious “body injury,” the same ailment Vancouver’s Cory Schneider dealt with in the first-round of the playoffs. Julien expanded a bit more and threw in a compliment for rookie Carl Soderberg.
“What does day-to-day mean? I don’t know if he’ll skate [Monday morning]. He may, and that’s what day-to-day is. I’m trying to be as clear as I can here. At the same time, I like Soderberg’s game. Anybody who knows that this guy hadn’t played in two months and played the way he did should be impressed. I know I was. He had good jump. He had no fear.”
All this means is we’ll be watching closely tomorrow to see if Bergeron hits the ice for morning skate and then again in pregame warm-ups.
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 12
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 23
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 0
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 55
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 52
- Report: Leafs sign Franson to one year, $3.3 million deal 8
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M 54
- Report: Blue Jackets, Johansen make ‘significant progress’ toward deal 5
- Red Wings unveil plans for new arena, look to open in 2017 57
- Columbus trying to figure out ‘the right thing to do’ with Johansen 39
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M (58)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)