Jun 23, 2013, 8:08 PM EST
Losing is frustrating.
That’s something almost anyone can understand. It’s the kind of simple fact that explains holes in walls, dents in doors and broken remote controls.
NHL players are not immune to the blind rage that sometimes accompanies the agony of defeat. Boston Bruins forward Milan Lucic is having an impressive 2013 Stanley Cup Final series, but maybe that makes defeats like Saturday’s 3-1 loss in Game 5 against the Chicago Blackhawks.
Lucic showed that frustration by breaking his stick over a goal post, which CSNChicago.com captures in mesmerizing GIF form:
(Click on it to watch it an endless loop in its own window, if that’s your thing.)
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 13
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 76
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 4
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 14
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 88
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 83
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 68
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty 172
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (172)
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand (88)
- Bruins’ Kelly out with broken ankle after Dupuis slash (86)
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) (83)