Jun 23, 2013, 8:08 PM EDT
Losing is frustrating.
That’s something almost anyone can understand. It’s the kind of simple fact that explains holes in walls, dents in doors and broken remote controls.
NHL players are not immune to the blind rage that sometimes accompanies the agony of defeat. Boston Bruins forward Milan Lucic is having an impressive 2013 Stanley Cup Final series, but maybe that makes defeats like Saturday’s 3-1 loss in Game 5 against the Chicago Blackhawks.
Lucic showed that frustration by breaking his stick over a goal post, which CSNChicago.com captures in mesmerizing GIF form:
(Click on it to watch it an endless loop in its own window, if that’s your thing.)
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 1
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 3
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 0
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 45
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 11
- Sounds like it’s Rundblad, not TVR, in for Chicago on defense 17
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ 49
- Report: Sharks to name DeBoer head coach 17
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 6
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ (49)