Jun 23, 2013, 8:08 PM EST
Losing is frustrating.
That’s something almost anyone can understand. It’s the kind of simple fact that explains holes in walls, dents in doors and broken remote controls.
NHL players are not immune to the blind rage that sometimes accompanies the agony of defeat. Boston Bruins forward Milan Lucic is having an impressive 2013 Stanley Cup Final series, but maybe that makes defeats like Saturday’s 3-1 loss in Game 5 against the Chicago Blackhawks.
Lucic showed that frustration by breaking his stick over a goal post, which CSNChicago.com captures in mesmerizing GIF form:
(Click on it to watch it an endless loop in its own window, if that’s your thing.)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 41
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 16
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 117
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 23
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 17
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 32
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 27
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 7
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (120)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)