Jun 23, 2013, 8:08 PM EDT
Losing is frustrating.
That’s something almost anyone can understand. It’s the kind of simple fact that explains holes in walls, dents in doors and broken remote controls.
NHL players are not immune to the blind rage that sometimes accompanies the agony of defeat. Boston Bruins forward Milan Lucic is having an impressive 2013 Stanley Cup Final series, but maybe that makes defeats like Saturday’s 3-1 loss in Game 5 against the Chicago Blackhawks.
Lucic showed that frustration by breaking his stick over a goal post, which CSNChicago.com captures in mesmerizing GIF form:
(Click on it to watch it an endless loop in its own window, if that’s your thing.)
- Kings’ Dustin Brown: ‘We got our [expletives] kicked’ 0
- Feeding frenzy: Sharks devour Kings to take 2-0 series lead 16
- Canadiens push Lightning to brink of elimination with 3-2 win 22
- WATCH LIVE: Los Angeles Kings at San Jose Sharks (Game 2) 0
- Bruins handle Red Wings 4-1, tie series 1-1 37
- Flyers overcome two-goal deficit to finally win at MSG 59
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes 90
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 25
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 28
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 49
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (136)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (116)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (95)
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)