Jun 23, 2013, 6:16 PM EST
While the Boston Bruins amuse people on Twitter with their mysterious “body injury” update regarding Patrice Bergeron, Chicago Blackhawks head coach Joel Quenneville delights many by indicating that Jonathan Toews could play in Game 6 on Monday.
“Johnny is doing much better today. He’s progressed,” Quenneville said. “We’re optimistic that he might be playing tomorrow night.”
Still, Quenneville indicates that it might come down to checking the 25-year-old’s status in the morning (or possibly even during warm-ups).
“We’ll visit in the morning, and he seemed fine,” Quenneville said. “So nothing has changed. Nothing is different. We’ll keep an eye on him, and we’ll go from there.”
If the possibility of Toews playing in a potential Cup-clinching contest isn’t enough to make Chicago fans smile, Quenneville said he also expects banged-up winger Marian Hossa to play, noting that he’s starting to feel better.
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 0
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 2
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 6
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 12
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 5
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 10
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 82
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 43
- NHL grants Kings cap relief for Voynov, who’s still suspended indefinitely 31
- Trade: Stars get Demers from Sharks, send Dillon to San Jose 18
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (82)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)