Jun 23, 2013, 6:16 PM EDT
While the Boston Bruins amuse people on Twitter with their mysterious “body injury” update regarding Patrice Bergeron, Chicago Blackhawks head coach Joel Quenneville delights many by indicating that Jonathan Toews could play in Game 6 on Monday.
“Johnny is doing much better today. He’s progressed,” Quenneville said. “We’re optimistic that he might be playing tomorrow night.”
Still, Quenneville indicates that it might come down to checking the 25-year-old’s status in the morning (or possibly even during warm-ups).
“We’ll visit in the morning, and he seemed fine,” Quenneville said. “So nothing has changed. Nothing is different. We’ll keep an eye on him, and we’ll go from there.”
If the possibility of Toews playing in a potential Cup-clinching contest isn’t enough to make Chicago fans smile, Quenneville said he also expects banged-up winger Marian Hossa to play, noting that he’s starting to feel better.
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 12
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 11
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 39
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 16
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 7
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 6
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 1
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 49
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)