Jun 23, 2013, 6:16 PM EDT
While the Boston Bruins amuse people on Twitter with their mysterious “body injury” update regarding Patrice Bergeron, Chicago Blackhawks head coach Joel Quenneville delights many by indicating that Jonathan Toews could play in Game 6 on Monday.
“Johnny is doing much better today. He’s progressed,” Quenneville said. “We’re optimistic that he might be playing tomorrow night.”
Still, Quenneville indicates that it might come down to checking the 25-year-old’s status in the morning (or possibly even during warm-ups).
“We’ll visit in the morning, and he seemed fine,” Quenneville said. “So nothing has changed. Nothing is different. We’ll keep an eye on him, and we’ll go from there.”
If the possibility of Toews playing in a potential Cup-clinching contest isn’t enough to make Chicago fans smile, Quenneville said he also expects banged-up winger Marian Hossa to play, noting that he’s starting to feel better.
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 2) 0
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 28
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; Blues tie it up in waning moments 91
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 47
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 76
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 115
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 63