Jun 23, 2013, 6:16 PM EDT
While the Boston Bruins amuse people on Twitter with their mysterious “body injury” update regarding Patrice Bergeron, Chicago Blackhawks head coach Joel Quenneville delights many by indicating that Jonathan Toews could play in Game 6 on Monday.
“Johnny is doing much better today. He’s progressed,” Quenneville said. “We’re optimistic that he might be playing tomorrow night.”
Still, Quenneville indicates that it might come down to checking the 25-year-old’s status in the morning (or possibly even during warm-ups).
“We’ll visit in the morning, and he seemed fine,” Quenneville said. “So nothing has changed. Nothing is different. We’ll keep an eye on him, and we’ll go from there.”
If the possibility of Toews playing in a potential Cup-clinching contest isn’t enough to make Chicago fans smile, Quenneville said he also expects banged-up winger Marian Hossa to play, noting that he’s starting to feel better.
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 7
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 16
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 5
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 25
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 10
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 8
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 29
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)