Jun 22, 2013, 9:11 PM EDT
Jonathan Toews won the 2010 Conn Smythe Trophy, but if there was an MVP trophy for the Stanley Cup Final series alone – like there is in the NBA’s championship round – then Patrick Kane might have won that.
After going pointless in the first two games of that series, Kane scored three goals and five assists for eight points in the last four contests.
The 24-year-old is showing signs of putting together another torrid streak in the 2013 Stanley Cup Final. He put in a weird bounce to make it 1-0 in Saturday’s Game 5, earning his sixth goal in the last seven playoff games:
Update: he didn’t take long to make it seven goals in seven games, as he gave Chicago a 2-0 lead early in the middle frame:
The Chicago Sun-Times’ Mark Lazerus points out that while he’s streaking now with seven goals in his last seven postseason games, he’s getting over a run where he had just six in his last 32.
Kane scored a goal and an assist in Game 4’s 6-5 OT thriller and now has four points in the last two contests.
If the 2010 run is any indication, he might just be getting started.
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 9
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 12
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 11
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 24
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 74
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 28
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)