Jun 22, 2013, 9:11 PM EDT
Jonathan Toews won the 2010 Conn Smythe Trophy, but if there was an MVP trophy for the Stanley Cup Final series alone – like there is in the NBA’s championship round – then Patrick Kane might have won that.
After going pointless in the first two games of that series, Kane scored three goals and five assists for eight points in the last four contests.
The 24-year-old is showing signs of putting together another torrid streak in the 2013 Stanley Cup Final. He put in a weird bounce to make it 1-0 in Saturday’s Game 5, earning his sixth goal in the last seven playoff games:
Update: he didn’t take long to make it seven goals in seven games, as he gave Chicago a 2-0 lead early in the middle frame:
The Chicago Sun-Times’ Mark Lazerus points out that while he’s streaking now with seven goals in his last seven postseason games, he’s getting over a run where he had just six in his last 32.
Kane scored a goal and an assist in Game 4′s 6-5 OT thriller and now has four points in the last two contests.
If the 2010 run is any indication, he might just be getting started.
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 10
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 35
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 33
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 11
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 10
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 19
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 23
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 12
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (67)