Jun 22, 2013, 9:11 PM EST
Jonathan Toews won the 2010 Conn Smythe Trophy, but if there was an MVP trophy for the Stanley Cup Final series alone – like there is in the NBA’s championship round – then Patrick Kane might have won that.
After going pointless in the first two games of that series, Kane scored three goals and five assists for eight points in the last four contests.
The 24-year-old is showing signs of putting together another torrid streak in the 2013 Stanley Cup Final. He put in a weird bounce to make it 1-0 in Saturday’s Game 5, earning his sixth goal in the last seven playoff games:
Update: he didn’t take long to make it seven goals in seven games, as he gave Chicago a 2-0 lead early in the middle frame:
The Chicago Sun-Times’ Mark Lazerus points out that while he’s streaking now with seven goals in his last seven postseason games, he’s getting over a run where he had just six in his last 32.
Kane scored a goal and an assist in Game 4’s 6-5 OT thriller and now has four points in the last two contests.
If the 2010 run is any indication, he might just be getting started.
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 0
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 1
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 8
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 13
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 5
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 13
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 2
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 12
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)