Jun 22, 2013, 9:11 PM EDT
Jonathan Toews won the 2010 Conn Smythe Trophy, but if there was an MVP trophy for the Stanley Cup Final series alone – like there is in the NBA’s championship round – then Patrick Kane might have won that.
After going pointless in the first two games of that series, Kane scored three goals and five assists for eight points in the last four contests.
The 24-year-old is showing signs of putting together another torrid streak in the 2013 Stanley Cup Final. He put in a weird bounce to make it 1-0 in Saturday’s Game 5, earning his sixth goal in the last seven playoff games:
Update: he didn’t take long to make it seven goals in seven games, as he gave Chicago a 2-0 lead early in the middle frame:
The Chicago Sun-Times’ Mark Lazerus points out that while he’s streaking now with seven goals in his last seven postseason games, he’s getting over a run where he had just six in his last 32.
Kane scored a goal and an assist in Game 4’s 6-5 OT thriller and now has four points in the last two contests.
If the 2010 run is any indication, he might just be getting started.
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 2
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 15
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 35
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 44
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 21
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- It goes to eleven: Lightning edge Rangers in track meet 34
- Brodeur signs three-year deal to be Blues’ assistant GM 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy 172
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (90)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)