Jun 22, 2013, 10:03 PM EDT
In Game 4, Johnny Boychuk showed off how hard he can fire a puck, scoring the 5-5 goal. On Saturday, he showed that he can deliver a vicious body check, as well.
The 29-year-old defenseman delivered this crushing hit on Jonathan Toews in the second period of Game 5:
Does Boychuk deserve supplementary discipline for that collision? He was not penalized for it during the game.
Update: Toews might be banged up like Bergeron because he hasn’t taken a regular shift in the third period yet.
- Voynov case: D.A. wants ‘additional follow-up’ from police before deciding on charges 7
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins 55
- Video: Pittsburgh pays tribute to Ottawa tragedy with O Canada rendition 15
- Video: McKenzie talks latest from Ottawa shootings, Voynov investigation 0
- WATCH LIVE: Pittsburgh vs. Philly on Rivalry Night 3
- Wild, Coyle agree on five-year contract extension 16
- The Flyers ‘have Mason’s back’ 9
- Postponed: NHL to reschedule Sens-Leafs in wake of Ottawa shootings 35
- NHL monitoring situation in Ottawa 23
- Lawyer: ‘Mr. Voynov never hit the woman’ 34
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (56)