Jun 22, 2013, 10:03 PM EST
In Game 4, Johnny Boychuk showed off how hard he can fire a puck, scoring the 5-5 goal. On Saturday, he showed that he can deliver a vicious body check, as well.
The 29-year-old defenseman delivered this crushing hit on Jonathan Toews in the second period of Game 5:
Does Boychuk deserve supplementary discipline for that collision? He was not penalized for it during the game.
Update: Toews might be banged up like Bergeron because he hasn’t taken a regular shift in the third period yet.
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 3
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 14
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 58
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 36
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 16
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 5