Jun 22, 2013, 10:03 PM EST
In Game 4, Johnny Boychuk showed off how hard he can fire a puck, scoring the 5-5 goal. On Saturday, he showed that he can deliver a vicious body check, as well.
The 29-year-old defenseman delivered this crushing hit on Jonathan Toews in the second period of Game 5:
Does Boychuk deserve supplementary discipline for that collision? He was not penalized for it during the game.
Update: Toews might be banged up like Bergeron because he hasn’t taken a regular shift in the third period yet.
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 17
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 55
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 26
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 32
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 14
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 21
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 36
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 7
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 49
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Sabres announce Pat LaFontaine resigns as president of hockey operations (66)