Jun 22, 2013, 10:03 PM EDT
In Game 4, Johnny Boychuk showed off how hard he can fire a puck, scoring the 5-5 goal. On Saturday, he showed that he can deliver a vicious body check, as well.
The 29-year-old defenseman delivered this crushing hit on Jonathan Toews in the second period of Game 5:
Does Boychuk deserve supplementary discipline for that collision? He was not penalized for it during the game.
Update: Toews might be banged up like Bergeron because he hasn’t taken a regular shift in the third period yet.
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 3
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 37
- Bruins sign Beleskey for five years, despite some warning signs 32
- Kessel trade shows Leafs are trying to ‘build this thing the right way’ 17
- Green signs with Red Wings — 3 years, $18 million 22
- ‘It’s hard to find players like Phil Kessel’ 35
- Kassian traded to Habs for Prust; Hodgson signs with Preds 15
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins 126
- Oilers get Sekera for six years, closing in on Letestu 7
- Avalanche sign veteran d-man Beauchemin for three years 6
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (126)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)