Jun 22, 2013, 10:32 PM EDT
If there’s any silver lining, it’s the fact that he didn’t need to leave on a stretcher. RDS’ Renaud Lavoie reports that Bergeron suffered the ailment thanks to a Michal Rozsival hit in the first period.
Hockey players are renowned for their toughness and willingness to play through injuries – especially during the playoffs – so it’s not out of the question to wonder if he might play in Game 6 on Monday.
His Game 5 is functionally over with, however. It appears that Jonathan Toews is also banged up, so both the Bruins and Chicago Blackhawks are dealing with potentially significant injury concerns on Saturday.
Stay tuned for updates.
- Trotz calls Healy’s comments on Ovechkin (and Ovechkin’s mom) ‘disrespectful’ 0
- Report: Billionaire wants NHL team in Vegas; new Coyotes owner ‘sees flipping the team as a good investment’ 11
- Chara has PCL tear, out 4-6 weeks 15
- Coburn, MacDonald out four weeks with lower-body injuries 9
- Red-hot Quick sets new Kings’ franchise shutout record 9
- Reports: Chara could miss at least 4-6 weeks with knee injury 13
- Video: Red Wings’ stars stun Penguins with late surge 29
- Report: Isles’ Bailey out indefinitely after breaking hand 3
- Dale Hunter: Ovechkin isn’t going to win the Selke, but he’s ‘coachable’ 13
- Voynov case: D.A. wants ‘additional follow-up’ from police before deciding on charges 20
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)