Jun 22, 2013, 10:32 PM EDT
If there’s any silver lining, it’s the fact that he didn’t need to leave on a stretcher. RDS’ Renaud Lavoie reports that Bergeron suffered the ailment thanks to a Michal Rozsival hit in the first period.
Hockey players are renowned for their toughness and willingness to play through injuries – especially during the playoffs – so it’s not out of the question to wonder if he might play in Game 6 on Monday.
His Game 5 is functionally over with, however. It appears that Jonathan Toews is also banged up, so both the Bruins and Chicago Blackhawks are dealing with potentially significant injury concerns on Saturday.
Stay tuned for updates.
- Kane’s OT goal ties Blackhawks – Blues series at 2-2 18
- Stars chase Andersen, tie series with Ducks 2-2 18
- Penguins blow three-goal lead, Columbus evens series 76
- NHL suspends Matt Cooke for seven games 95
- Ducks’ Getzlaf (upper body) isn’t available for Game 4 (Updated) 3
- Two years after winning the Cup, the Kings’ ‘mix’ comes into question 39
- Duck drama: Selanne to sit as healthy scratch in Game 4 15
- MacKinnon, Johnson and Palat named Calder Trophy finalists 12
- Sharks beat Kings in OT, take 3-0 stranglehold on series 43
- Rangers chase Emery, top Flyers for 2-1 series lead 56
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (137)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)