Jun 22, 2013, 10:32 PM EDT
If there’s any silver lining, it’s the fact that he didn’t need to leave on a stretcher. RDS’ Renaud Lavoie reports that Bergeron suffered the ailment thanks to a Michal Rozsival hit in the first period.
Hockey players are renowned for their toughness and willingness to play through injuries – especially during the playoffs – so it’s not out of the question to wonder if he might play in Game 6 on Monday.
His Game 5 is functionally over with, however. It appears that Jonathan Toews is also banged up, so both the Bruins and Chicago Blackhawks are dealing with potentially significant injury concerns on Saturday.
Stay tuned for updates.
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 0
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 15
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 30
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 10
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 10
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 19
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 23
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 12
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)