Jun 22, 2013, 10:32 PM EDT
If there’s any silver lining, it’s the fact that he didn’t need to leave on a stretcher. RDS’ Renaud Lavoie reports that Bergeron suffered the ailment thanks to a Michal Rozsival hit in the first period.
Hockey players are renowned for their toughness and willingness to play through injuries – especially during the playoffs – so it’s not out of the question to wonder if he might play in Game 6 on Monday.
His Game 5 is functionally over with, however. It appears that Jonathan Toews is also banged up, so both the Bruins and Chicago Blackhawks are dealing with potentially significant injury concerns on Saturday.
Stay tuned for updates.
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 61
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5