Jun 22, 2013, 10:32 PM EDT
If there’s any silver lining, it’s the fact that he didn’t need to leave on a stretcher. RDS’ Renaud Lavoie reports that Bergeron suffered the ailment thanks to a Michal Rozsival hit in the first period.
Hockey players are renowned for their toughness and willingness to play through injuries – especially during the playoffs – so it’s not out of the question to wonder if he might play in Game 6 on Monday.
His Game 5 is functionally over with, however. It appears that Jonathan Toews is also banged up, so both the Bruins and Chicago Blackhawks are dealing with potentially significant injury concerns on Saturday.
Stay tuned for updates.
- Canucks ink Brandon Sutter to five-year, $21.875 million extension 11
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM 33
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 15
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 32
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 29
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Owner Pegula: Sabres have gone through ‘two of the most successful seasons we’ve ever had’ (43)
- Erik Haula signs two-year extension with Wild (35)