Jun 22, 2013, 10:58 AM EDT
After a thrilling Game 4, the Bruins and Blackhawks are back in Chicago to see what they can do to top the excitement from Wednesday night.
Game 5: Chicago Blackhawks host Boston Bruins (8 p.m. ET — NBC/Live Extra)
Series tied 2-2
Game 4 left all of us feeling giddy about what a fun up-and-down game that was. At the end of the night, Bruins fans were left feeling bummed out after seeing Chicago win it in overtime 6-5, but it’s set things up so the end of the series is a best-of-three and winning tonight is of the utmost concern.
For the Bruins, coach Claude Julien insists they don’t panic in big moments and considering how they’ve handled being down in big games already, you have to believe them. That said, a small change could be on the way to their lineup tonight with Carl Soderberg getting a spin on the fourth line at practice yesterday. If he slots in, Kaspars Daugavins could be the odd man out.
Making a small move like that could help a little bit, but after losing Game 4, Bruins players insisted that tightening up their defense and eliminating turnovers would do them a world of good.
For Chicago, you’d like to think they’ve got momentum on their side after such a thrilling victory, but the questions about Corey Crawford‘s glove hand will persist. They’ll have some other things to work through in tonight’s Game 5 as well.
For one, Nick Leddy was buried on the bench in Game 4 for poor play but figures to get back out there tonight. As for Marian Hossa, he didn’t practice yesterday but that’s not an indication that he’s hurt again and expects to be back at it tonight.
One thing to watch for: How Jonathan Toews and Zdeno Chara battle each other. While you have to expect Joel Quenneville to do his part to keep his captain away from their captain, Toews didn’t shy away from engaging Chara.
CSNNE.com’s Joe Haggerty says it’s a mistake for Toews to “poke the bear” but Chara was on the ice for five goals against on Wednesday. Maybe just poke him a little then?
Apr 21, 2015, 12:55 AM EDT
Down 2-1 in the series.
Apr 21, 2015, 12:33 AM EDT
Another comeback victory for Anaheim.
Apr 20, 2015, 11:30 PM EDT
Apr 20, 2015, 10:54 PM EDT
Devan Dubnyk produces his first playoff shutout.
Apr 20, 2015, 10:37 PM EDT
It drew a two-minute roughing penalty.
Apr 20, 2015, 10:29 PM EDT
No call on the first collision.
Apr 20, 2015, 9:48 PM EDT
Will shifting locales produce interesting results?
Apr 20, 2015, 9:45 PM EDT
A close-to-perfect road effort from New York.
Apr 20, 2015, 9:41 PM EDT
Apr 20, 2015, 9:00 PM EDT
New Jersey’s only player who went under the knife this offseason.
Apr 20, 2015, 8:51 PM EDT
He needs some help, though.
Apr 20, 2015, 7:36 PM EDT
Sleepy start by Pittsburgh.
Apr 20, 2015, 6:43 PM EDT
His issue is an upper-body injury.
Apr 20, 2015, 5:30 PM EDT
But will he be around to see it happen?
Apr 20, 2015, 4:49 PM EDT
Things can change quickly in the playoffs.
Apr 20, 2015, 3:40 PM EDT
He did share some buzzwords though.
Apr 20, 2015, 2:30 PM EDT
Upper-body injury for the veteran forward.
Would McLellan like to coach McDavid? ‘You can have the best player and still not have the best team’
Apr 20, 2015, 2:21 PM EDT
Was he talking about the Oilers? Sharks?
Apr 20, 2015, 1:47 PM EDT
Corey Crawford will sit, once again, against the Preds.
Apr 20, 2015, 1:30 PM EDT
Blues and Wild meet tonight in Game 3 at Xcel.
- Ducks silence Winnipeg’s whiteout crowd with OT win, push Jets to brink of elimination 8
- Video: Wild chase the Blues away to take series lead 37
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead 89
- Video: Jets fans celebrate return of playoff hockey with whiteout in Winnipeg 4
- Would McLellan like to coach McDavid? ‘You can have the best player and still not have the best team’ 23
- Burrows’ instigator suspension rescinded, allowed to play Game 4 24
- No hearing scheduled for Hamhuis after Bennett headshot 13
- Sharks and McLellan have ‘mutually agreed’ to part ways 50
- Desperate Jets will ‘lean on’ their crowd tonight 20
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 16
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (171)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (95)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (89)